Senior Engineer, R&D - Irvine, CA
- Irvine, CA
Biosense Webster is recruiting for an R&D Senior Engineer, located in Irvine, CA.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year.
Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company's CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The Senior Research& Development Engineer will be supporting project teams in the development of electrophysiology catheters and systems at Biosense Webster and provides advice and mentorship to less experienced personnel. Project support includes overall design, requirement development, design for manufacturing, test method development, and product verification and validation testing.
• Lead or support the design of new or existing components and/or devices while ensuring that all design requirements are met.
• Develop customer requirements and product specifications with validated test methods
• Support or lead quality improvement initiatives such as process and product characterizations that lead to continuous / cost improvements.
• Study specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and shop data and confer with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
• Interface between external vendors and core team.
• Expected to present project work across management levels and to customers and author scientific publications and patents in support of key technologies. Expected to write reports, work instructions, test methods and procedures.
• Travel to customer sites, domestic and international, to gather VOC, perform testing and/or perform troubleshooting activities.
• Responsible for performing design reviews and pre-validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound processes and designs.
• Responsible for the purchase or design of equipment that meets health, safety and environmental standards set by the company.
• Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Biomedical or ElectricalEngineering with a minimum of 4 years of experience, or, a Master's degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering with minimum of 3 years of experience is required.
• Experience with CAD software such as AutoCad or Solidworks is required.
• Knowledge and experience in product development processes is preferred.
• Experience with statistical analysis and design of experiments (DOE) preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of material and metals used in design of medical devices preferred.
• Must possess strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to travel up to 10% domestic and international is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)
Back to top