Senior Engineer - Electrical Devices- Tech Ops Support
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer for support of their electrical devices located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people's lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees.
Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical solution and leadership to resolve issues related to quality, business continuity, cost or performance improvement for marketed electrical devices (medical device and/or combination drug/device).
- Technically lead rapid remediation of non-conformances and other serious issues which may result in an impact to customer service.
- Technically lead key remediation activities across the North America region with major input to the global team, including technical risk identification, risk management, problem solving, CAPA execution and metrics, etc.
- Is a key technical SMP point person with all business partners in electrical devices.
- The position will work in a very close collaboration with global counterparts. The focus will be on material and supplier qualifications for electrical devices, performing impact assessments on changes, providing implementation plans, up-dating risk management documentation and design control. The key business partners are R&D, QA, supply chain and external manufacturing.
- Works cross functionally with operations, marketing, quality assurance and research and development to identify opportunities for cost and process improvements.
- Performs activities including reformulation, manufacturing process improvements, manufacturing site relocations and qualification of. Identifies, tests and implements new technologies, to ensure materials and processes techniques are continuously updated, fostering production efficiency and costs improvements.
- Supports manufacturing investigations, troubleshoot technical issues and provide general technical service support for manufacturing facilities and marketed products. Reviews documentation of the procurement process and recommends modifications as appropriate.
- Measures effectiveness of logistics established with vendors.
- Takes an active role in project team/technical project activities that focus on cost improvement, business continuity and/or process excellence.
- Prepares documentation for submissions and preapproval inspections.
- Collaboration with internal (Procurement, Product Development, Marketing, Operations, Project managers, Regulatory, Medical, Technology) and external (Suppliers, Institutes & Consumer testing agencies) partners.
- This person is a trained CAPA Coach who trains others on effective planning and execution of investigations and CAPAs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering program with a minimum of 5 years of related engineering experience is required.
- An Advanced Degree is preferred
- It is preferred that this candidate have at least 2 year's experiencein Project Management.
- Experience working in a Global Cross Functional Team/Matrix environment is preferred
- Professional experience in Medical Devices Basic knowledge on ISO 13485, ISO 10993, ISO 14971, and IEC 60601 is preferred
- Regulated industry is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is preferred.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken is required
- Ability to travel up to 10% both domestic and international
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top