Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer, located Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
The Senior Electrical Engineer places an emphasis on working closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop complex hardware designs. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team, and a desire to thrive in a very fast paced environment. You are expected to demonstrate advanced electrical engineering knowledge, be able to independently resolve approaches to difficult technical problems and have communication capabilities vital to communicate broadly across engineering teams.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop, produce, and test simple to complex reliable printed circuit boards for various robotic tasks.
- Deliver documentation to support designs of PCAs in medical devices such as technical reviews, test results, and theory of operations.
- Work closely with multi-functional teammates to develop robust architectures and electrical functionality driven by test and simulation analysis.
- Perform component and subsystem level testing to ensure conformance to design. Testing may include EMI and ESD analysis, test fixturing, and thermal analysis, in addition to other specialties for specific projects.
- Participate in design reviews, fault safety analysis, and design FMECA analysis.
- When applicable, develop embedded test software (C) to facilitate board bring-up, test, and debug of newly crafted electrical hardware for a robotic platform. (desired)
- BS Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience or MSEE with 3+ years of experience is required
- Demonstrated proficiencies in Altium Designer or related CAD package is required
- Proven experience designing and developing complex analog and digital electrical systems from feasibility through to production is required.
- Familiarity with microcontrollers or microprocessors is required, but expertise is not.
- Demonstrated ability to debug and test using high speed oscilloscopes and other test tools is required.
- Experience with complex electro-mechanical systems is required.
- Thorough understanding of board level printed circuit design and high-speed signal integrity issues to facilitate cohesive development with partnered circuit designers is required.
- Experience designing electronics in safety-critical applications is preferred
- Experience in Medical Devices is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and international, is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
Verb Surgical Inc. (6270)