Senior Electrical Components Engineer, Robotics
- Redwood City, CA
Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Components Engineer, Robotics located in Redwood City, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures! Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and is passionate about electrical components engineering for sophisticated and complex robotic systems. This position places an emphasis on working closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop sophisticated hardware designs. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team, and a desire to thrive in an exciting environment. You are expected to demonstrate sophisticated electrical engineering knowledge, be able to independently resolve approaches to difficult technical problems and have communication capabilities vital to communicate broadly across engineering teams.
In this role you will:
- Create component schematic symbols and footprints in Altium Designer tool set
- Manage component libraries within Altium Designer ConcordPro for the program: process part requests, manage part release and part life cycle
- Work with the multi-functional team (electrical and mechanical engineers) to ensure accurate component meet electrical and mechanical characteristics
- Help the multi-functional team meet and manage applicable standards such as IPC, IEC
- Collaborate with printed circuit board vendors with board build and release, component questions and availability
- Communicate with printed circuit design engineers to support successful execution of new designs and redesign activities
- A minimum of a B.S. in Engineering or Material Science with 5+ years in electrical components engineering or A minimum of a M.S. in Engineering or Material Science with 3+ years in electrical components engineering required
- Expert understanding of component characteristics and technologies (through-hole, surface mount) required
- Experience with component management with RoHS is required
- 3+ years of experience with Altium Designer or similar tool is required
- 3+ years of experience with Agile or equivalent design control tool is required
- Experience in medical device design is desired
- Experience with applicable IPC standards such as IPC-2220 series and IPC-7351B is required
- Experience with printed circuit board design process is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Role will be based in Redwood City, CA and may require up to 10% travel
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-150 Shoreline Dr
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Back to top