Senior Director-Oncology Translational Research-Disease Area Stronghold/Pathway Area Stronghold Leader
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientific Director will serve within the Oncology Translational Research group for assigned Oncology Disease Area Stronghold (DAS)/Pathway Area Stronghold (PAS). The Oncology Translational Research group is responsible for all clinical biomarker and translational medicine strategies for compounds in development within the Oncology pipelines. In addition, the Translational Research group also covers disease biology for the indications of interest for the Oncology TA. The Senior Scientific Director will also be responsible for:
- Oversees and manages the translational strategy and implementation
- Ensures the planning and execution of discovery and validation of predictive, prognostic, safety, and disease biomarkers
- Oversees the management of a Translational research budget to support biomarker discovery and validation studies as well as supporting analysis of clinical samples
- Drives and leads the development of Companion Diagnostics in the cases where they are needed for clinical programs
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal functional groups, external academic research groups and CROS to facilitate the implementation of Translational Research strategies in Clinical trials.
- Leading collaborations and projects with external leaders in the oncology field
- Manages a team of staff including scientists, TR leaders, laboratory technicians, operational leads, computational biologists
- Regular reporting of biomarker data to Oncology senior management.
- Responsibility for the biomarker sections in Clinical protocols, Investigator Brochures, Compound Development Plans generation of Clinical Study Report
- Managing the outstanding or in-house coordination of proposed analysis within clinical trials.
- Compliance and meeting projected timelines for project deliverables (e.g. protocol outlines, protocols, informed consent, strategy documents, analysis reports, etc.)
- Responsibility for resource planning for proposed projects.
- Ph.D. or an M.D./Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or related fieldwith at least8 years of applicable biomarker, translational research, program management, clinical trial and/or research experience is required
- Strong background in tumor biology, project management, andlaboratory management is required
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry research experience is required
- Previous Immune-oncology experience is preferred
- Clinical biomarker experience is preferred
- Previoussupervisory/management experienceis required
- The candidate will have a strong publication record demonstrating relevant experience in clinical trials, translational medicine/research, early drug development, drug discovery and/or biomarkers
- Sufficient experience in drug discovery and/or early development to represent a diverse TR group on a compound development team (CDT) and to communicate goals and deliverables to senior management and governance committees throughout J&J
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top