Senior Director Surgical Data Science/Clinical Research
- Santa Clara, CA
The Director combines a deep understanding of surgery, medical devices, computer vision, and statistical methods to conceive, research, develop and implement digital solutions that focus on transforming surgical practice and patient care through scientific leadership. Digital solutions include analytics, decision support, C-SATS applications, and training/education.
- Collaborate with the Product and Software Engineering teams to advance C-SATS as the leader in surgical quality improvement.
- Research and development of clinical assessment digital solutions focusing on surgeon quality improvement.
- Collaborate with the machine learning and data science teams to develop surgeon insights and analytics that drive surgeon engagement and improvement with digital apps and drive measurable clinical and economic hospital quality improvement.
- Develop and implement surgical data science evidence generation strategy data sharing partnerships and execution of research studies from conception, protocol to execution and publication.
- Lead the development of presentations and reports through deep scientific quality improvement analyses to program leads (Surgery Department Leaders, Residency Directors, and Chief Quality Officers).
- Lead the validation studies of computer vision metrics via analysis in clinical and economic real world data sets.
- Drive the creation of a connected data network focusing on creating a learning healthcare system that identifies clinical and economic needs/opportunities that inform all aspects of the J&J Medical Devices strategy from device development pipeline to transforming clinical and health economics evidence generation capabilities.
- Support the development and implementation of research surgical data science consortium
- Advanced degree in health services research, health economics, epidemiology, or similar background
- Experience developed analytic / digital solutions within a software as a service (SaaS) company
- 10 years experience with Real World Data including (Insurance claims, electronic health records, and registries)
- 5 years in healthcare analytics, epidemiology, outcomes research in real world data
- Track record of scientific presentations and publication
- Experience managing statistical programming teams to create analytic files
- Experience programming in a statistical language (R, Python, Stata)
- Experience in developing analytic dashboards for both internal and external consumption
- Business analytics experience with understanding of app based engagement/utilization metrics
- Experience in developing scientific communications and reviewing/approving copy review
- Experience with AI/ML techniques and tools
- Surgical clinical domain and data science expertise
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
Verb Surgical Inc. (6270)
Back to top