SENIOR DIRECTOR EXTERNAL INNOVATION DPDS
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Research & Development, LLCis part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Senior member of the global External Innovation Team DPDS with overall strategic and operational responsibility for scouting and evaluation of external opportunities in the given geography of the respective Innovation Center (IC) across small molecule assets, small molecule discovery platforms and oligonucleotides (e.g. siRNA). Supports local TA Innovation Leads with scientific and technological expertise. Has strong business acumen and the ability to understand the DPDS overall innovation strategy and how it connects to the TA's strategic priorities. Has the necessary experience and scientific imagination recognize early stage innovation that has the potential to significantly improve patient outcomes in the future.
The expectation is that this leader will - as proactive discussion partner for the TA representatives at the IC - optimize the DPDS / TA interface at the respective J&J Innovation Center to deliver against our current and future portfolio of disease areas. Will support global External Innovation Team DPDS with local scouting and transactional support.
Connecting with the local innovation grid (biotech companies and academics)
Evaluation of specific external opportunities in light of DPDS innovation strategy
Transactional support by leading and coordinating due diligences
Support of External Innovation Team DPDS with strategic landscape reviews
- Support of evaluation of applications for co-located JLABS
- Active member of External Innovation leadership team DPDS
PhD/MD or equivalent is required
12+ years of experience in external innovation in pharmaceutical industry, a leading academic tech transfer office, as member of biotech management teams, or as venture capital investor is required
- Demonstrated success at identifying innovation; interested, curious and open mindset is required
- Business acumen including transactional experience is required
- Experience in evaluating various fields of science relevant for pharma and biotech companies is required
- Ability to translate emerging research and insights into actionable partnering strategies is required
- At least 2 years of supervisory people management experience is required
- The role is located in Boston, MA with up to 25% domestic and international travel is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top