Senior Counsel, Clinical Research
- Bridgewater, NJ
The Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Clinical Research supporting our clinical research activity, including contracts within the Johnson & Johnson R&D Procurement Development category. This role is to be located in Titusville, NJ, Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Counsel, Clinical Research will provide general legal support for clinical trial contracting and other clinical research-related documents and agreements, including contract drafting, negotiation, training and general legal support. This position will also provide legal support for cross-regional and cross-sector matters related to early development clinical trial-related contracting, investigator-initiated study agreements, collaborative research, and various vendor agreements supporting clinical research.
The Senior Counsel will be responsible for providing practical and timely guidance on clinical research related contract matters in North America and cross-regionally. The Attorney will be responsible for drafting and reviewing Clinical Trial Agreements, Master Clinical Trial Agreements, Alternate Clause (Fallback) documents, CRO and other clinical research related vendor agreements, including master services agreements for cross-regional and cross-sector use and other related documents and templates. Responsibilities will also include contracting support for government funded research projects such as IMI initiatives as well as preparing guidance and training materials to support the efficient and compliant negotiation of global early development clinical research related agreements. The Attorney will be a point of contact for internal and external legal contract negotiations and will work closely with legal colleagues including in the regulatory, patent and litigation groups within Johnson & Johnson to address specific issues and concerns. The attorney will also work closely with other regional clinical trial lawyers as well as cross-functional teams including clinical operations, clinical therapeutic area teams, medical affairs, regulatory, compliance, tax and other business functions to develop global policies and practices to facilitate consistent and efficient support for clinical trials. Work will be in a multi-disciplinary, diverse environment, and in close connection with other European, US, Latin America and APAC legal colleagues.
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and an active registration, in good standing, with a state bar.
- Minimum of 7 years of legal experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years supporting clinical R&D, clinical trial or other clinical research related agreements required.
- 2 years of experience as in-house counsel preferred
- Experience drafting and negotiating clinical research-related agreements is required.
- Knowledge of current laws, regulations and industry standards governing clinical trials, such as FDA regulations, ICH Guidelines, and GCPs is required.
- The successful candidate should understand contract law, have strong drafting skills and strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all levels and across functions.
- A successful candidate will have obtained a law degree with excellent results, an ability to operate effectively within a dynamic and challenging international environment, and a passion for the healthcare industry.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Back to top