Senior Contracts Manager
- Titusville, NJ
Johnson & Johnson Law Department is currently recruiting for a Senior Contracts Manager to provide general contracting support for Janssen Research & Development, LLC. The position can be based out of one of a number of Janssen Pharmaceuticals Research & Development locations in the US, including San Diego or South San Francisco, California, Raritan or Titusville, New Jersey or Springhouse, Pennsylvania.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With over $80 billion in 2019 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies in more than 60 countries, employing more than 130,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Reporting directly into the Johnson & Johnson Law Department, the Senior Contracts Manager position will be part of a team providing dedicated contracting support for Janssen Research & Development, LLC and its affiliated companies including contract drafting, negotiation, training and general legal issue spotting as it relates to this area.
As the Senior Contracts Manager, you will:
Provide practical and timely guidance on contract related issues escalated by the R&D procurement and North America Global Supplier Contracting Services teams supporting pharmaceutical research and development activities.
This individual will work closely with Law Department colleagues and procurement teams to draft and negotiate contracts necessary for a global research and development organization with a primary focus on supporting Janssen Research & Development in the United States. The types of agreements include (but are not limited to): Service Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Research Collaboration Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Pharmaceutical Product Development Agreements, Clinical Supply Agreements, and other pharmaceutical research and development related contracts. This individual will also work with colleagues to identify best practices and support strategic initiatives for contracting, including identifying and preparing training materials, templates and supporting documents such as alternative clause (Fallback) guidance.
- A minimum of a Juris Doctor or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
- A solid understanding of the issues related to contracting for pharmaceutical and/or lifesciences industry research & development is required.
- Capable of drafting complex contract terms and conditions, attention to detail, reviewing contracts for conformity to policies and identifying and assessing risks is required.
- Experience drafting and negotiating pharmaceutical research and development agreements, such as Service Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Research Collaboration Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Pharmaceutical Product Development Agreements, Clinical Supply Agreements, and other pharmaceutical research and development related contracts, support materials and training documents is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of contract principles underpinned by strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all organizational levels and across functions.
- A candidate with in-house legal experience is a plus.
- Strong Legal negotiation, communication and influencing skills is required.
- Good office, organizational and presentation skills is required.
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of contracts is required.
- Ability to independently create legal documents and work with tracked changes and version control in documents is required.
- A creative thinker who can reach compromises on material terms and results-oriented team player is required.
- Ability to work across functional teams such as Procurement, Privacy, Health Care Compliance, Risk Management & Finance is required.
- Must be able to travel occasionally between domestic J&J facilities.
- Current attorney license in appropriate jurisdiction is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Francisco-
United States-California-San Diego, United States-New Jersey-Raritan, United States-New Jersey-Titusville, United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Back to top