Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company, is hiring a Senior Associate Scientist, Retinal Discovery located in South San Francisco, CA!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are seeking a Senior Associate Scientist within our CVM Discovery group in Retinal Discovery located in South San Francisco, CA to support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for retinal disease. The candidate will work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation.
The position is laboratory-based with the primary responsibility of the Senior Associate Scientist to provide scientific and technical support for conducting research in drug development for retinal diseases. The qualified scientist needs to independently plan and execute experiments, to follow protocols, to document data, to troubleshoot problems, and to interpret data and communicate results. The candidate should preferably have had experience working in field of vision research or neuroscience, and technical expertise in in vitro cell culture, molecular biology techniques, and in vivo work in rodent model systems. Previous experience in industry is advantageous but not required.
- M.S. with at least 6 years of relevant laboratory experience OR a B.S./B.A. with at least 9 years of laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical industry or academic environment is required
- Experience with cell culture, assay development, immunoassays including Western blotting, ELISA, and MSD preferred
- Experience in rodent in vivo work, laboratory management and operations is preferred
- Knowledge of retinal cell biology and experience in the culture and evaluation of retinal cell types is preferred
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are required
- This position may require up to 10% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
retina, ophthalmologyl, eye, eye disease, retinal, gene therapy, gene #LI-KSARDIS
United States-California-South San Francisco-260 E. Grand Avenue
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)