Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology - La Jolla, CA
- San Diego, CA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist for the Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology team, located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high-quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology (MCP-LJ) group in La Jolla, CA as a Senior Associate Scientist.
The candidate will be a key member of the Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology group. S/he will provide experimental support and expertise to therapeutic area programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate. S/he will characterize novel membrane targets, elucidate options for hit ID approaches, develop innovative cellular assays, perform focused library screening and compound profiling and perform mechanism-of-action studies on validated hits. S/he will collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment for the progression of drug discovery projects.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Develop, trouble-shoot and validate functional, cell-based assays to evaluate the pharmacology of membrane targets
- Develop a panel of functional cell-based liability assays to evaluate off target compound activity
- Perform focused screening to identify pharmacological tools for target validation/evaluation
- Profile compounds to enable medicinal chemistry SAR studies and liability assessment
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic teams and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Analyze data and publish in corporate databases.
- Provide a sense of urgency to deliver data within agreed timelines
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate
- Publish research in high-quality journals
- A MS degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience or a BS degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience in ion channel, transporter or GPCR pharmacology is required
- Proven expertise with assay development using cellular methods is required
- Expertise with quantitative data analysis is required
- Expertise with HTRF, luminescence and fluorescence-based assays is required
- Expertise with microplate assays (384 or 1536 well) is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment is required
- Expertise with laboratory automation and high-throughput screening is preferred
- Working knowledge of manual and/or automated patch clamp electrophysiology and the study of recombinant and native ion channels is preferred
- A track record of publications and/or meeting presentations is preferred (please include with your resume/cv)
- Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
- This position will be located in La Jolla, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top