Senior Associate Scientist, in the new Lead Evaluation team
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, in the new Lead Evaluation team located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Discovery Technologies and Molecular Pharmacology team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high-quality chemical leads and clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in multiple fields including cellular pharmacology, chemistry, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Apply state-of-the-art drug discovery approaches in a multidisciplinary Lead Evaluation team.
- Develop innovative cell-based assays to evaluate lead compounds using high-content imaging, gene expression profiling, 3D cell culture and/or co-culture methods.
- Collaborate with programs teams and with computational biology colleagues to analyze assay data and identify promising compounds using bio-signature approaches and ML/AI.
- Analyze data and present results at program team meetings.
- Attend and present data at in-house seminars and external scientific conferences.
- Publish research in high-quality journals, as appropriate.
- B.S. in biochemistry, cell biology, or related field with at least 9 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, or B.S. + M.S. in biochemistry, cell biology, or related field with at least 6 years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Experience using high content methods (high content imaging, transcriptional profiling and/or protein profiling) is required.
- Experience using state-of-the-art cell-based assays is required.
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and oral presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency with CAS/CRISPR and RNAi approaches is desired.
- Expertise in immunology, cardiovascular, infectious diseases, neuroscience and/or oncology therapeutic areas is desired.
- Experience working with and/or guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top