Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Culture Development - Malvern, PA
- Malvern, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Culture Development, to join the department of API-Large Molecule in BioTherapeutics Development located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The BioTherapeutics Department asks you to work with us in the interest of patients worldwide. We contribute to quickly enabling Phase 1 clinical trials to achieve proof-of-concept for new therapeutics. You will support our highly streamlined CMC Early Development process by developing an efficient Cell Culture process. Early Development is highly changeable, so you will take care of many new therapeutics in a short time at high pace. It will be your responsibility to execute timely and effective Cell Culture of new molecules (both antibodies and other large therapeutical proteins). You will contribute individually and, of course, work in our team to meet project timelines and objectives. If you like new things, change and unpredictability, this is the position for you!
- Contribute to Cell Culture processes of early assets and independently rework experiments / analyses based on interpretations and conclusions
- Perform laboratory and occasional pilot-scale scale Cell Culture and associated in-process measurements.
- Record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team.
- Maintain accurate written records of work in the form of (electronic) notebooks, technical reports and protocols.
- Join the larger team in making data-based choices that improve later probability of success.
- Share and discuss experimental results in our team and with the wider department.
- Contributes to the preparation and submission of Technology Transfer technical reports, patent applications and manuscripts.
- A Master's degree in BioChemical Engineering, Biological Sciences, Biotechnology or related field with at least 6 years experience in cell culture development, OR a BS/BA degree in BioChemical Engineering, Biological Sciences, Biotechnology or comparable education with at least 9 years experience in cell culture development is required.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Cell Culture processes of mammalian cells for production of antibodies or other large proteins required.
- Experience with Technology Transfer OR Cell Line Development is preferred.
- Ability to work in a dynamic/agile and cross-functional/matrixed environment is required.
- This position is located in Malvern, PA, and may require weekly presence in Spring House, PA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top