Scientist, Lead Discovery & Profiling
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Scientist, Lead Discovery & Profiling located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D. We are dedicated to discovering high-quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small-molecule clinical compounds in all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas.
The Lead Discovery & Profiling department is in a period of strong growth and investment and is responsible for the identification of small-molecules for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs with subsequent focused contributions to the discovery of New Medical Entities. Our major activities include assay development, screening, mechanistic studies and compound profiling. We place a strong emphasis on pharmacologically relevant models and non-traditional HTS approaches. We connect with key partners for the delivery of goals and objectives, foster an environment of productive collaboration and positive communication, and cultivate excellent performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team. We interact collaboratively with internal Janssen teams and with external organizations in academia and industry.
As Scientist, you will execute pharmacologically-relevant biochemical and cellular assays. You will champion a culture of creativity aligned with therapeutic area objectives.
In this exciting role, you will:
• Execute weekly compound profiling to determine compound activity using biochemical and cell-based assays that enable medicinal chemistry SAR studies.
• Assays may be on automated platforms or offline.
• Contribute to assay design and troubleshooting.
• Analyze data and publish in corporate databases.
• Provide a sense of urgency to deliver data within agreed timelines.
• Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia.
• Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
• Publish research in high-quality journals.
• A PHD is required, in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, pharmacology or related areas.
• A minimum of 2 or more years of postdoctoral research experience is preferred.
• Expertise with assay development using biochemical and cellular methods is required.
• Expertise with quantitative data analysis is required.
• Expertise with assay methods such as FP, HTRF, luminescence and SPA is preferred.
• Expertise with microplate assays (384 or 1536 well) is preferred.
• Creative publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals are required.
• Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top