Scientist, High-Throughput Protein Expression - Spring House, PA
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, High-Throughput Protein Expression, to work at facilities located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Discovery Technologies and Molecular Pharmacology team is an integral part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high-quality chemical leads for the generation of clinical compounds. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in specific subject areas. The Structure and Protein Sciences (S&PS) team is building capabilities aligned with investments in small molecule lead discovery. There is a critical need for a protein expression scientist to contribute to the implementation of high-throughput target-protein expression strategies to accelerate the provision of fit-for-purpose protein reagents! The successful candidate will be a motivated, creative and experienced leader with the ability to connect with customers to accomplish goals and objectives while encouraging an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication.
- Contribute to protein expression design strategies in the production of biologically relevant proteins for use in assay development and structural biology.
- Partner with Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams to develop hit finding plans involving the timely provision of high-quality protein reagents
- Hands-on operation and maintenance of automated expression screening workflows for the identification and optimization of tractable protein designs for production.
- Assist the evaluation and implementation of new protein expression approaches and technologies to improve capabilities and workflows.
- Objectively analyze and interpret experimental data and proactively provide recommendations for the advancement of project goals.
- Stay current with scientific literature and apply relevant findings to the design and interpretation of protein expression experiments.
- Exhibit a high level of performance and promote effective team-working in the laboratory.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
- Ph.D. in cell or protein sciences related field is required, with 0-3 years industry experience strongly preferred ~ OR ~ MS in cell or protein sciences related field with at least 6 years pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry experience is required.
- Expertise in automated cell culture platforms is required.
- Experience with recombinant protein production systems (mammalian, baculovirus/insect and microbial systems) is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in expression construct design is strongly preferred.
- Skilled in protein analytical methodologies for high-throughput expression analysis is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills is required
- Record of external publications and presentations is required (please include full list with your CV/resume)
- This position is located in Spring House, PA and requires approximately 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top