Scientist, High-Throughput Experimentation
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, High-Throughput Experimentation located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are seeking a creative High Throughput Experimentation (HTE) Scientist to join the Chemistry Capabilities (CC) group at Janssen. This candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of automated HTE experiments and for optimization of challenging chemistry on discovery chemistry programs. They will also design, develop, optimize, validate and integrate complex automation configurations for high-throughput applications on parallel synthesis and high throughput experimentation. This unique role is part of the newly formed HTE group within Discovery Chemistry and provides an unprecedented opportunity to contribute to the build of a state-of-the-art HTE laboratory at Janssen.
Key Responsibilities :
- Design and execute automated experiments to optimize chemical reactions or discover new transformations that impact progression of discovery leads
- Contribute to the development of Direct-to-Biology workflows by designing, validating and executing semi-automated and automated experiments to effectively accelerate the discovery portfolio and Design-Make-Test-Analyze cycles
- Identify broad implications of data including data capture and data mining from HTE
- Integrate and establish workflow with automation robots, such as liquid handler, solid dispenser, parallel synthesizer and high throughput analytical systems
- Streamline workflows and develop automated laboratory processes
- Contribute to maintaining automation systems and developing new protocols
- Provide training to CC team members and medicinal chemists on usage of instrumentation when necessary
- A minimum of Master's degree is required, a Ph.D. degree is preferred in chemistry, (bio or chemical) engineering or other life sciences disciplines.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in designing, building and integrating complex automation configurations for high-throughput applications in pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry is preferred.
- Experience in chemical high throughput experimentation and purification, especially in microscale and nanomolar scale synthesis and testing preferred.
- Experience with operating and programming liquid handling robotics platforms (e. g., QX96 or related, BioMek, Hamilton, TECAN, Agilent Technologies, Mosquito, Thermo Matrix) is preferred.
- Experience with high throughput synthesis systems (e.g., ChemSpeed, UnChained Labs etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with onboarding and debugging HTE automation system and software applications is preferred.
- Extensive experience with multi-dimensional data analysis tools, including Spotfire or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with modern cheminformatics tools, computational tools and other scientific software for drug discovery is preferred.
- Experience in synthesis, purification and analytical characterization of chemical compounds including HPLC, MS, NMR, and biophysical methods is required.
- The ability to work in a cross-functional environment with a can-do attitude to drive productivity and efficiency is required.
- Strong organization and communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Maintaining a very productive lab presence is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top