Scientist, Higher Order Structure Biophysical Characterization
- Malvern, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Higher Order Structure Biophysical Characterization located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The successful candidate will work in the Higher Order Structure Biophysical group within the Characterization group in the BioTherapeutics Development - Analytical Development (BioTD-AD) department. The incumbent will independently develop, design and perform biophysical assays in support of product characterization and process development activities. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and execute biophysical experiments on monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, vaccines and viral particles to characterize higher order structures, aggregation and particle size distribution
- Operate various biophysical instruments including CD, DSC, AUC, DLS and SEC-MALS, etc.
- Work closely with colleagues to characterize the impact of post translational modifications on protein higher order structures
- Develop/optimize assays, write protocols, reports, and perform and coordinate testing to support analytical development, manufacturing process development, process validations, and manufacturing investigations
- Contribute to IND, IMPD, BLA, and other regulatory filings
- Participate in cross-functional teams at project-related meetings, lead or facilitate technical discussions
- PhD in biophysics, biochemistry, pharmaceutical science or a related field with 1~2 years or MS with at least 5 years relevant industry experience is required.
- A strong scientific background and hands-on laboratory experience in structural characterization tools such as CD, FTIR, DSC, AUC and SEC-MALS are required.
- Hands on experience with particle characterization techniques such as DLS, zeta potential, static light scattering, MFI and HIAC are required.
- Competency at developing, optimizing and trouble-shooting assays is required.
- Ability to tackle problems of scientifically challenging nature is required.
- Strong written, verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Experience with EM is preferred.
- Experience with vaccine and viral particle characterization is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top