Scientist, GPCR Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology - La Jolla, CA
- San Diego, CA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, GPCR Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology to join the Discovery Technologies & Molecular Pharmacology (DTMP) team, located in La Jolla, CA (San Diego area).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology (MCP-LJ) group in La Jolla, CA as a Scientist. The mission of the group is to provide expertise in membrane targets pharmacology to all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams.
The Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The candidate will be a key member of MCP-LJ and provide experimental support for programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate
- S/he will assist with the characterization of novel membrane targets
- Collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment for the progression of drug discovery projects
- Design and perform advanced, complex experimental troubleshooting and methods development to support GPCR projects and other projects
- Develop new biochemical and cell-based assays to support lead identification, optimization and understanding of mechanism-of-action (MOA)
- Develop HTS-compatible assays and contribute to hit finding plan strategy
- Lead data analysis and reporting as well as track and document assay performance
- Provide critical analysis of external literature relevant to project(s) and scientific field in general
- Contribute substantively to patent and publication preparation
- Perform molecular biology and other techniques as needed to understand MOA
- Continually provide recommendations to improve on process efficiency and research quality
- A PhD in a related field is required.
~ OR ~
- A MS degree in a related field with a minimum of 10 years of laboratory experience is required.
- Post-doc experience strongly is preferred
- Prior experience or expertise in G Protein-Coupled Receptors (GPCR) pharmacology, with a deep understanding of the molecular determinants of activation, allostery including biased signaling and its physiological consequences.
- Highly proficient in cellular plate-based assays preferably cutting-edge approaches to dissect GPCR function including FRET-based binding assays, BRET-based signaling biosensors, label-free technologies, and biophysical approaches.
- Good organization skills with high level of initiative in performing and troubleshooting experiments.
- Ability to multitask, work on multiple projects and be an integral member of cross-functional project teams
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and ability to present results in individual and group settings.
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic quick learner excited by a role with high demands.
- The candidate should have a strong record of high impact publications
- Experience and/or expertise in ion channels, transporters or any other membrane targets drug targets classes.
- Cell biology experience including primary and immortalized cell culture and Crispr/Cas9 cell line engineering.
- Good molecular biology experience including molecular cloning, sequence and protein analyses, gene expression by qPCR.
- Expertise in design and use of viral vectors for protein expression.
- Experience in low to moderate throughput compound screening preferred but not mandatory
This position will be located in La Jolla, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top