- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Enzymology/Biochemistry located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology (MCP) group, a critical part of the Discovery Technologies & Molecular Pharmacology organization in Janssen R&D, is committed to the discovery and mechanistic characterization of high-quality chemical series to enable the delivery of small molecule clinical candidates in collaboration with all five Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TAs). We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Scientist. This position will report to a senior member of MCP and be based in Spring House, PA.
The candidate will be a key member of MCP and provide enzymology/biochemistry support and expertise to TA programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate.
- S/he will characterize novel enzymes, elucidate options for hit identification approaches, collaborate with scientists in the Screening Group on the development, execution and triage of HTS campaigns, and perform mechanism-of-action studies on validated hits.
- The candidate will provide enzyme and inhibitor mechanistic data and insight, as well as analyze biochemical and cellular SAR throughout different stages of the project.
- The candidate will provide enzymology expertise to internal programs as well as external collaborations.
- S/he will collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment for the progression of drug discovery projects.
- The successful candidate is expected to drive and lead project strategy and direction in collaboration with TA and Chemistry project leaders, as well as represent MCP and the target team at internal and external meetings.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent is required, in enzymology /biochemistry/biophysics/pharmacology.
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- Strong record of publications is required.
- Extensive knowledge in assay development, mechanism-of-action studies, enzyme characterization, enzyme kinetics, and protein biochemistry is required.
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists in multiple disciplines is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is required.
- Experience/Knowledge in Oncology, Immunology, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases, Neuroscience, or Infectious Disease areas is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top