Scientist, Discovery Immunology
- San Diego, CA
Janssen Pharmaceutical, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Immunology Discovery.Theposition will be located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking a Scientist to join the Tissue Inflammation group within Immunology Discovery. This candidate will assist in shaping and executing pre-clinical in vitro experiments for the advancement of drug discovery and development programs across the Immunology portfolio, with a focus on the role of intestinal epithelial biology and barrier function.
•Design, perform and interpret in vitro experiments utilizing primary intestinal epithelial cell culture techniques to support drug discovery and development activities, including: target identification and validation, mechanism of action studies, and development of functional biological assays.
•Work closely with colleagues from partner organizations, biomarkers and early development to progress clinical candidates into early clinical development.
•Contribute to relevant sections of discovery reports and regulatory documents.
•Represent the company at external meetings and work with leadership to establish collaborations.
- PhD in Immunology/Pharmacology/Cell Biology or related discipline with at least 2-3 years relevant postdoctoral and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in gastrointestinal biology is required
- A focus on barrier function, epithelial biology, and/or mucosal immunology is preferred.
- Previous experience with intestinal epithelial cell culture techniques (spheroid, organoid, and/or iPSC) is required.
- Previous experience with basic cell/molecular biology & biochemical assays is required, including most/all of the following: PCR, qRT-PCR, western blotting, ELISA, and flow cytometry.
- Experience with genetic techniques such as Cas/CRISPR and various transfection methods for over expression/knockdown is preferred.
- Strong oral, written, and fit-for-purpose communication skills are required.
- Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment are required.
- Experience in biologics and/or small molecule drug development is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top