Scientist, Computational Chemistry - Spring House, PA, or La Jolla, CA
- San Diego, CA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Computational Chemistry located in Spring House, PA (Philadelphia area), or La Jolla, CA (San Diego area).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen R&D is continuing to build key scientific expertise in screening, pharmacology and chemistry to partner closely with therapeutic area scientists to develop groundbreaking new medicines in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases. We are seeking excellent drug discovery scientists to join the team and bring their expertise to exciting efforts in novel areas of drug discovery.
As a Scientist in the computational chemistry group, you will:
- Execute sophisticated experiments using advanced computational techniques on Linux-based computer workstations to drive the discovery of new medicines
- Serve as a scientific expert in multi-disciplinary discovery project teams that include chemists, structural biologists, and other discovery scientists, by providing key expertise in the use and interpretation of structural data related to drug targets and their ligands/inhibitors.
- Clearly communicate the results of computational experiments and interpretations of structure to project team members.
- Develop novel computational methods and/or workflows to address key drug discovery questions.
- Collaborate with other computational scientists to incorporate new computational technologies in a project team setting (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning).
- A PhD in Computational Chemistry (or to be completed before the time of hire) or related discipline is required, OR a Masters degree in Chemistry or related field with at least 12 years of drug discovery industry experience is required OR a Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related field with at least 14 years of drug discovery industry experience is required
- Post-doctoral experience is highly preferred.
- A strong scientific track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or patent literature is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience in the application of computational chemistry tools and methodologies to the drug discovery process is preferred (examples may include: docking, high-throughput virtual screening, AI/ML, cheminformatics, molecular dynamics, quantum mechanics, homology modeling, etc.).
- Ability to script workflows and implement new algorithms to analyze large-scale data sets from multiple sources is preferred
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary/cross functional teams is preferred
- Familiarity with one or more commercial computational chemistry packages is preferred (examples might include: Maestro/Schrodinger, MOE/Chemical Computing Group, OpenEye, Pipeline Pilot)
- This position is located in Spring House, PA, or La Jolla, CA, and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
North America-United States-California-La Jolla, United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top