Scientist, Cell Culture Development - Malvern, PA
- Malvern, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Cell Culture Development, to join the department of API-Large Molecule in BioTherapeutics Development located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The BioTherapeutics Department asks you to work with us in the interest of patients worldwide. We contribute to quickly enabling Phase 1 clinical trials to achieve proof-of-concept for new therapeutics. You will support our highly streamlined CMC Early Development process by developing an efficient Cell Culture process. Early Development is highly changeable, so you will take care of many new therapeutics in a short time at high pace. It will be your responsibility to execute timely and effective Cell Culture of new molecules (both antibodies and other large therapeutical proteins). You will contribute individually and, of course, work in our team to meet project timelines and objectives. If you like new things, change and unpredictability, this is the position for you!
- Working at a high level of autonomy, develop Cell Culture processes of early assets.
- Lead all aspects of laboratory and occasional pilot-scale scale Cell Culture and associated in-process measurements.
- Own the preparation and submission of Technology Transfer technical reports, patent applications and manuscripts.
- Define elements of new product strategies and act as project leader to support Technology Transfer.
- Proactively investigate, propose and develop improvements to existing processes or develops new processes.
- Communicate well and largely autonomously with partnering departments in Cell Line Development and Lead Optimization for new assets.
- A Ph.D. degree with Post-doctoral experience is required OR a BS/BA degree in BioChemical Engineering, Biological Sciences, Biotechnology or comparable education with at least 12 years experience in cell culture development is required.
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience in optimizing Cell Culture processes of mammalian cells for production of antibodies or other large proteins is required.
- Experience with Technology Transfer and Cell Line Development is preferred.
- Ability to work in a dynamic/agile and cross-functional/matrixed environment is required.
- This position is located in Malvern, PA, and may require weekly presence in Spring House, PA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top