Scientist, Biologics Drug Product Development (1 of 2)
- Malvern, PA
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Large Molecule Drug Product Development (1 of 2) to be located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Scientist in the Large Molecule Drug Product Development will be a lab-based role, responsible for experimental studies in preformulation, formulation and analytical development of therapeutic proteins or other biologics including monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), bispecifics, fusion proteins, virus like substances, and mixed conjugates. This includes development and optimization of the technical operations associated with liquid and lyophilized biologics development, diluent compatibility/administration relevant studies and stability campaigns. In addition, biophysical/analytical method development and data interpretation to analyze different biologics modalities is required.
• Develop and optimize formulations for biologic therapeutics, including execution of characterization and stability studies
• Design and execute various studies to support formulation selection and manufacturing unit operations including stability and excipient selection, freeze/thaw, mixing, sterile filtration, vial and syringe filling
• Design and execute compatibility studies to support administration of biologic therapeutics
• Conduct stability studies and perform analysis of data.
• Author technical reports and present data to peers and functional management
• Follow general laboratory safety procedures, as related to biologically-derived materials
• Ph.D. in an appropriate scientific discipline such as Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, etc. with 0-2 years of experience or an MS with 6 years of experience
• Knowledge of protein science, including molecule liabilities and biophysical characterization
• Experience with characterization of biological molecules. This includes biochemical, biophysical and/or analytical methodologies such as HPLC, fluorescence and UV spectroscopy, light scattering (e.g. SLS, DLS), particle analyzers (e.g. MFI, HIAC), ELISA and separation methods (e.g. CEX, cIEF, HIC)
• Experience with therapeutic proteins and antibodies
• Ability to interpret and analyze data from biophysical assays and design appropriate experiments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with pharmacy procedures for drug preparation and human administration
• Ability to use scientific literature to support novel projects and/or experimental data.
• Proven publication and presentation history. Involvement with external scientific organizations or conferences.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern-335 Phoenixville Pike
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top