Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Analytical Chemistry to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Scientist, Analytical Chemistry will be responsible for:
- Together with other members of the group, evaluate and implement new liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) methods and innovative ways to apply mass spectral technology across different modalities and/or capabilities, such as small molecule drug discovery, peptide drug discovery and Direct-to-biology .
- Work with the vendor, when necessary, to maintain and repair spectrometers.
- Communicate results of mass spectral studies to project teams.
- Present results at internal meetings and at external scientific meetings as appropriate.
- Routinely interact with scientists from therapeutic area project teams and core technology groups to develop and implement strategies to help advance programs.
- Evaluate the scientific literature critically and adopt novel technologies which will facilitate drug discovery projects.
- A Ph.D. is required, in chemistry or related discipline.
- Currently in a PhD program with an anticipated graduation / completed degree by Summer, 2021.
- A minimum of 3 years of use of routine and advanced mass spectral methods to characterize synthetic medicinal compounds (small molecule) for structure and purity determination, is required.
- Proven track record in mass spectrometry, such as presentations at major conferences and/or publications on peer-reviewed journals, is required.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with qualitative LC/MS including new method development and high-resolution MS techniques is preferred.
- LC/MS experience supporting synthetic/medicinal chemistry is preferred.
- Experience with high throughput mass spectrometry and peptide discovery is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Waters and Agilent mass spectrometer including maintenance, troubleshooting, and automation, is preferred.
- Hands on experience with LC/MS methods for characterization of medicinal compounds including open access analytical lab management and operation, configuration and maintenance of Agilent and Waters LC/MS systems is preferred.
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry is preferred.
- Experience with software platforms including ChemStation, MassHunter Walk-up, and MassLynx is preferred.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)