Scientific Director, Advanced Analytics - Oncology Data Science
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of companies is recruiting for a Scientific Director, Advanced Analytics - Oncology Data Science. The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA. Consideration will be given to South San Francisco, CA; Cambridge, MA; Raritan, NJ; La Jolla, CA; and Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we purse the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking someone who will direct and lead efforts to bring novel, innovative analytic approaches, such as Machine Learning/AI, to developing cancer therapies. You will have global leadership responsibilities for a wide range of activities, including talent and capability development, resource deployment, and supporting an organizational culture that promotes data-driven decision-making across all functions of Janssen Oncology. You will be a thought-leader within Janssen R&D in the field of advanced analytics. This role will identify and apply elegant solutions to tackle complex problems facing all stages of drug development. This will require gaining alignment with project teams, leadership and with external partners in developing novel scientific approaches to advance the business.
Specific scientific challenges include in silico approaches to identifying and evaluating candidate drug targets, applying multimodal approaches to disease characterization and monitoring, and novel techniques in clinical trial design and interpretation. Evaluation and implementation of emerging Machine Learning/AI-based methods with academic and industry partners is a critical component of this role.
The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing Machine Learning/AI-based algorithms, and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You'll be part of a dynamic, accomplished team that supports the development of novel medicines at Janssen Oncology R&D.
The Scientific Director will:
- Identify and translate challenges in drug development where Machine Learning/AI-based approaches are suitable.
- Bring expertise in established and emerging techniques to gain insights from high dimensional data sets.
- Establish effective partnerships with Disease Area Stronghold leaders and teams, Clinical Program teams and other internal collaborators to build data science solutions to team initiatives.
- Identify and build relationships with academic and external corporate partners aimed at gaining valuable insights from state-of-the-art analytic approaches.
- Participate in project teams and interact closely with scientific colleagues across various disciplines.
- Ph.D. degree with 5+ years of relevant experience, or Master's degree with 10+ years, in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as Random Forest, SVM, neural networks, etc. and/or Natural Language Processing techniques, with a history of developing and evaluating novel approaches.
- Established Leadership skills, including management of individuals and teams working towards common scientific goals
- Prior experience working with external partners, either academic or corporate
- Experience with high dimensional data sets used for life sciences research platforms
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages such as Python, R, C++, or Java.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical work to a wide audience.
- Willingness for occasional domestic/international travel
- Familiarity with cancer genomics and use of high dimensional data sets to characterize disease.
- Proficiency in techniques/applications of Machine Learning approaches to medical imaging
- Working knowledge of drug discovery and development
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top