Research Scientist, Analytical Chemistry - Oligonucleotide Discovery, RNA & Targeted Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
- South San Francisco, CA
Janssen Research and Development, a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Research Scientist, Analytical Chemistry - Oligonucleotide Discovery, RNA & Targeted Therapeutics, located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research and Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
RNA and Targeted Therapeutics is an organization within Discovery Sciences committed to the delivery of high-quality drug candidates in the novel synthetic modalities space working closely with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TA) discovery teams.
Our mission requires strategic thinking, portfolio mindset and deep scientific expertise in several disciplines including oligonucleotide chemistry, bioconjugation chemistry, nanotechnology, cellular and molecular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Research Scientist, analytical chemistry -Oligonucleotide Discovery, RNA & Targeted Therapeutics.
In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will work with both internal and external oligonucleotide chemistry teams to find innovative solutions to the characterization of therapeutic nucleic acids using different analytical techniques.
- Work independently with a high level of productivity to solve challenging analytical problems.
- Develop methods for the characterization of monomers, chemically modified and/or conjugated single and double stranded oligonucleotides, mRNA and formulated drug products.
- Collaboratively support the advancement of compounds through in vitro and in vivo studies to identify development candidates.
- Contribute to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Present data and reports on project status at individual, group, and departmental meetings.
- Draft manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals, and present work at scientific conferences.
- A PhD in chemistry, biochemistry or pharmaceutical sciences is required. (Candidates who will be completing their PhD within the next 6 months may be considered.)
- Postdoctoral experience with an emphasis on characterization of nucleic acids (nucleoside, oligonucleotide and mRNA) is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of HPLC and mass spectrometry (preferably in the area of nucleoside/nucleotide, oligonucleotides and/or mRNA) is required.
- Experience in purification, tangential flow filtration, NMR, dynamic light scattering and melting temperature measurement is preferred.
- Experience with the analysis of lipids and lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) is preferred.
- Experience in method development for the characterization of drug substance and drug product and the use of statistical analysis programs (e.g. JMP) is preferred.
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications, patents, and/or presentations at major national meetings is required.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment is preferred.
- Excellent scientific and critical thinking skills, and good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are required.
- This position is in South San Francisco, CA, and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-260 E. Grand Avenue
Janssen BioPharma, Inc. (6224)
Back to top