R&D Leadership Development Program
- Houston, TX
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world's the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there's no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you'll change, too. You'll be inspired, and you'll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we are using our breadth, scale and experience to reimagine the way healthcare is delivered and help people live longer, healthier lives.
In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver physician and patient-centric products and solutions.
As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care - working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
Our Medical Devices Research & Development Leadership Development Program (RDLDP) is a two-year dynamic rotational program that offers exciting and unrivaled assignment experiences supporting a wide variety of highly specialized, cutting-edge R&D teams, such as: New Product Development, Design, Orthopedic Laboratory Testing, Manufacturing, Design Quality, and Bioengineering.
- You will have opportunities to participate and/or lead in rotational assignments encompassing entire project or a large portion of a major project. This may include resolving advanced materials, process, inspection/testing or procedural approaches to advance a medical device through the pipeline process into full R&D, and potentially into commercialization.
- Support of products' design development, manufacturing and commercialization, leveraging technical expertise to anticipate and proactively address challenges and risks.
- Increase the productivity of product's design utilizing CAD, improve the quality of projects, improve communications through documentation, and to create a database for manufacturing.
- Engineer capabilities required to develop and deliver automated medical devices - including requisite instruments, advanced imaging, and user interface / experience.
- Pursue a number of internal developmental training programs as well as externally recognized qualifications such as Process Design Excellence.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced cross functional, technologically advanced corporate environment in a program focused on developing individual engineers capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high-volume manufacturers.
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering Graduate Program (Master's Degree or PhD) graduating by June 2021.
- The following engineering disciplines or specialties are preferred: Mechanical, Robotics, Electrical, Computer, Systems, Software, Materials Science, Biomedical and Computer Science.
- The following concentration fields and/or skills are strongly preferred: Machine Learning, IoT, Embedded Software, Deep Machine Learning, Prototyping, Robot Design, Systems Reliability, Firmware and hardware integration.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 is strongly preferred.
- You must have the ability to work closely with technical and non-technical personnel and have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others.
- You must have the ability to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a dedicated approach to achieving success.
- Validated leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, employment and/or internship experiences is required. R&D internship highly preferred.
- Ability to relocate anywhere in the United States as required by the program's rotations - mandatory requirement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#RDLDP #JNJMasters #JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJFullTime
United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, United States-California-Irwindale, United States-California-Milpitas, United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Texas-Irving, United States-Indiana-Warsaw, United States-California-Redwood City, United States-California-Santa Ana, United States-New Jersey-Somerville, United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)
Back to top