R&D Leadership Development Internship Summer 2020
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we are using our breadth, scale and experience to reimagine the way healthcare is delivered and help people live longer, healthier lives.
In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver physician and patient-centric products and solutions.
As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care - working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
We offer an exciting 12-week summer engineering internship with an emphasis in Product Research and Development. You will experience unrivaled departmental opportunities supporting a wide variety of highly specialized teams such as: New Product Development, Mechanical Design, Computational Modeling and Simulation, Materials Development, Robotics, Research and Testing, Manufacturing and Design Quality.
Not only will you have the ability to develop your engineering skills through on the job assignments. You will:
- Improve your industry knowledge through open forum conversations with senior company leaders and shadowing of senior engineers.
- Create or improve your personal brand through skills building workshops and internship networking events.
- Have the power to connect and support our local towns through community activities.
As an R&D Leadership Development Intern, you will:
- Work in a fast-paced cross functional, technologically advanced corporate environment in an internship program focused on developing individual engineers capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high-volume manufacturers.
- Have the opportunity to learn about anatomy, disease states, and deformities and the surgical procedures and products used to address these conditions.
- Be involved in the design, development, manufacturing and commercialization of new products or product modifications.
- Assist with the development of advanced materials, process improvements, risk management, and/or mechanical testing or advance a medical device through the development process.
- Utilize solid modeling to design products, create drawings and tolerance analyses of mating components.
- Become familiar with design control documentation required by regulatory governing bodies.
- Present to leadership your learnings and development experience.
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering Graduate Program (Master's Degree or PhD) graduating in the Fall 2020 or Spring 2021.
- The following engineering disciplines or specialties are preferred: Mechanical, Robotics, Electrical, Computer, Systems, Software, Materials Science, Biomedical and Computer Science.
- The following concentration fields and/or skills are strongly preferred: Machine Learning, IoT, Embedded Software, Deep Machine Learning, Prototyping, Robot Design, Systems Reliability, Firmware and hardware integration.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 is strongly preferred.
- Validated leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, employment and/or previous internship experiences is required.
- Team player with the ability to work closely with technical and non-technical personnel is required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others is required.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a dedicated approach to achieving success is required.
- Proactive self-starter and have the courage to take a leadership position to help deliver robust results is required.
- Ability to relocate across the United States as required by the internship program.
Primary Locations: United States: Raynham, MA; Boston, MA; Warsaw, IN; West Chester, PA; Jacksonville, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Irving, TX; Somerville, NJ; Santa Ana, CA; Irvine, CA, Irwindale, CA and Redwood City, CA
Based on location of assignment, Johnson & Johnson may offer housing assistance to interns depending their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site location, or a stipend payment for you to use at your discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site is the student's responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
North America-United States-California-Redwood City, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston, North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North America-United States-Texas-Houston, North America-United States-Texas-Irving, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-California-Irvine, North America-United States-California-Irwindale, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)
Back to top