R&D Design and Development Co-Op- Spring 2021- Cincinnati, OH
- Cincinnati, OH
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world's the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there's no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you'll change, too. You'll be inspired, and you'll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
The Ethicon, Inc. business, a part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for R&D Design and Development Co-ops located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies-including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic surgery, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago, as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25 years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing creative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
- As a co-op in the R&D Design or Development department, you will have the chance to:
- Use state of the art tools and take advantage of training courses offered on-site.
- Perform testing, experimentation, and validation to support product design.
- Contribute to design solution activity through utilization of previously learned skills with CAD tools, simulation tools, fundamental engineering principles, and experienced mentorship from seasoned Team Engineers.
- Assist in developing laboratory testing, interpreting data results, and recommending next steps.
- There are opportunities to receive intermediate CAD training, if applicable, including building simulation models, developing kinematics models, and performing stack-up analysis.
- Responsibilities will increase with each rotation as you learn more by returning to school.
- Rotations are generally 3-5 months and availability for multiple rotations is desired. We offer a competitive wage and housing assistance for non-local students. The R&D Design,Development and Quality Co-op program provides each student with a great support system, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country.
To be eligible for an R&D Design/Development Co-op position, you should:
- Be enrolled in an accredited College/Institution pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Be in your second year or above in school at the beginning of your co-op.
- Considered a student during the desired co-op session(s) (i.e. will not have already graduated college).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJUndergraduate #JNJMasters #JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJCoOp
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
Back to top