Program Manager, R&D - Irvine, CA
- Irvine, CA
Biosense Webster is recruiting for an R&D Program Manager, located in Irvine, CA.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company's CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by improving the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
In this exciting role as R&D Program Manager you will have responsibility for helping cross-functional teams navigate through all activities required to design, develop and commercially release groundbreaking Cardiovascular technologies. You will provide both technical leadership and project direction in collaboration with a global multi-national team including members with expertise from all areas involved in new product development. You will establish plans and ensure execution of those plans utilizing project management methodologies.
- Establishes product goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products and/or services.
- Works with R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing and Quality to identify and develop product specifications that meet customer needs around the world.
- Develops and executes product development plans and programs. Both short and long range to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products and or/services.
- Ensures that necessary drawings, specifications and testing are properly documented throughout the product development cycle.
- Works with identified physicians to capture new product information. May provide and set-up product evaluations.
- Ensures effective control of development results to deliver the objective within designated budgets.
- Communicates with next level management regarding business related issues or opportunities.
- A Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline with a minimum of 3 years in the role of project manager in a related field is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in product development processes is required.
- Must possess strong presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in managing virtual teams is required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international is required
- A Master's degree in an Engineering or Science discipline with a minimum of 5 years in directing and leading cross-functional teams in a related field is preferred.
- Design Excellence or Blackbelt certification is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of medical device regulations and external standards is preferred.
- Experience in managing large, global teams is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)
Back to top