Program Manager (1 of 2)
- Redwood City, CA
RADS - Robotics and Digital Surgery, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Program Manager - Systems Engineering, located in Santa Clara, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Robotics & Digital Solutions (J&J RADS) is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, J&J RADS is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
The Program Manager is responsible for leading and directing cross-functional teams within the R&D team by setting and driving quarterly goals, identifying and mitigating program risks, and developing and managing project timelines. The Program Manager will work primarily with the Systems Engineering team and will play a critical role in the success of the program by developing, driving and supporting the strategies surrounding system requirements, architecture, risk management, integration, and verification. In addition to driving R&D activities, this individual will also be responsible for a successful hand-off between R&D and Manufacturing.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects within the R&D team
- Prepare regular updates for J&J Robotics & Digital Solutions management team and executive staff on progress of assigned projects
- Set quarterly goals, generate plans to meet quarterly goals, and facilitate the completion of quarterly goals in collaboration with the R&D team
- Proactively identify program and technical risks, generate mitigation plans, and facilitate the closure of risks in collaboration with the R&D team
- Develop and maintain project timelines and manage resourcing, while also supporting the creation of an integrated project timeline in collaboration with the rest of the Program Management Organization (PMO)
- Allocate tasks among project specific team members and lead team to execute on objectives
- Coordinate and drive efforts with external vendors, including co-development and subcontracted development
- BS in Engineering or related discipline is required
- 8 or more years' experience working in an engineering capacity
- Prior project management experience of 2+ years is required
- Experience with MS Project software is required
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Experience with Medical Device Design Control, QSR 21 CFR Part 820, Medical Devices and Regulatory strategies for FDA and 510k along with CE Mark is preferred
- Prior experience in a regulated environment is required
- Experience as an individual contributor in an engineering role within medical device design and development is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a start-up or other fast-paced environment is required
- Experience working on complex systems or in complex, dynamic teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required
- Ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and international, is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
United States-California-Santa Clara
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Back to top