Procurement Manager Internship - 2020 Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) - Internship
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
With more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ over 135,000 people work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
Procurement is strategically integrated in the Supply Chain as a key driver of business value - our organization's vision is to Partner to shape supplier solutions that transform healthcare. Johnson & Johnson spends approximately $30B annually across the globe on goods and services. Our procurement professionals work as highly-respected partners internally and externally to create and implement strategies and processes that support the business in bringing important health and personal care solutions to people around the world.
Procurement uses the supplier base as a source of innovation by developing closer and more collaborative relationships, and strongly supports sustainability and supplier diversity on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. These creative solutions are facilitated by Procurement through key capabilities, including deep supply market understanding; actionable insights and knowledge; and processes & technology management in order to ultimately accelerate growth & innovation, deliver value for our spend portfolio, and enhance reputation & manage risk. Johnson & Johnson Procurement considers people and talent with diverse perspectives as critical to achieving its vision.
The Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) Internship is a 12 week program that encompasses functional & professional development, as well as completion of challenging project(s) that deals with strategic business initiatives. Interns will have a formal mentor and may participate in organized activities, including sector immersion events, leadership training and local community service projects to understand the company culture and career opportunities.
Examples of the types of roles and responsibilities the PLDP Intern might include (but are not limited to):
- Research and analytics for category strategy development
- Project Team Lead or Team Member for a major value initiative (ex: sourcing event)
- Development of best practices, processes and tool kits
- Operating Company-specific projects for developing and implementing strategies to drive significant value
Upon completion of a successful PLDP internship experience, interns will be considered for full-time positions in our Procurement Leadership Development Program. The PLDP is a 2.5 -year, rotational leadership program for top MBA, MS, MA and JD hires, and includes both functional & leadership training, senior leader mentorship, global summits, numerous networking opportunities and culminates in a year-long capstone project in support of a key business challenge strategic to the procurement function. Decisions for the full-time program will be made based on internship performance and business need.
We welcome the opportunity to share how our small-company environments, combined with our big-company impact, can open the door to a world of career opportunities for you.
Position locations are determined by business needs and may be available at various Johnson & Johnson operating companies located across the U.S. Most roles will be based in the NJ/PA area, including New Brunswick NJ, Raritan NJ, Somerville NJ, Bridgewater NJ, Skillman NJ, Titusville NJ, Fort Washington PA, Horsham PA. Other possibilities may include Jacksonville FL and Tampa, FL.
- Must be a matriculated student completing his/her MBA or graduate degree between December 2020 and July 2021.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Have prior full time*, professional work and/or military experience: minimum of 60 months / 5 years or more
- Full time is equivalent to working 40 hours or more weekly, on a continuous basis
- Relevant course work in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (both oral and written) - within all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership abilities are essential.
- Strong project management, analytics, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington, North America-United States-Florida-Tampa, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Back to top