Procurement Manager - 2020 Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) - Full Time
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
With more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ over 135,000 people work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
Procurement is strategically integrated in the Supply Chain as a key driver of business value - our organization's vision is to Partner to shape supplier solutions that transform healthcare. Johnson & Johnson spends approximately $30B annually across the globe on goods and services. Our procurement managers work as highly-respected partners internally and externally to create and implement strategies and processes that support the business in bringing important health and personal care solutions to people around the world.
Procurement uses the supplier base as a source of innovation by developing closer and more collaborative relationships, and strongly supports sustainability and supplier diversity on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. These creative solutions are facilitated by Procurement through key capabilities, including deep supply market understanding; actionable insights and knowledge; and processes & technology management in order to ultimately accelerate growth & innovation, deliver value for our spend portfolio, and improve reputation & manage risk. Johnson & Johnson Procurement considers people and talent with diverse perspectives as critical to achieving its vision.
The Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) is a two and a half year, rotational full-time hire program that is designed to fill our pipeline of future leaders. The program is based on a model of Education, Experience and Exposure.
The PLDP curriculum includes both functional & leadership training, senior mentorship, formal leadership assessment & mentoring, numerous networking opportunities, and culminates in a year-long capstone project in support of a key business challenge strategic to the procurement function.
Examples of the types of roles and responsibilities the PLDP Manager include (but are not limited to):
- Partnering with the category teams and category leaders in developing and implementing strategies to drive significant value from the supplier base.
- Conducting in-depth research on existing and emerging trends, identifying new technology/solutions, screening potential new suppliers and performing complex analytical studies.
- Managing relationships with key suppliers, developing negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
- Leading process improvement projects in critical areas in support of driving greater value for Johnson & Johnson operating companies.
- Providing internal consulting services to adjacent functional areas such as marketing, R&D, operations, logistics, legal and corporate services.
We welcome the opportunity to share how our small-company environments, combined with our big-company impact, can open the door to a world of career opportunities for you.
You will begin your procurement career in a position within one of our operating companies or at our World Headquarters, and could fill roles within Supply Chain Procurement, Commercial Procurement, R&D Procurement, Business & Corporate Services Procurement or Global Services. After your first year and a half, you will rotate to an additional opportunity in one of the areas listed above for one additional year. These two rotations over the course of your time in the PLDP will enable you with the skills and the competencies to be successful in various leadership roles in the procurement function. These roles encompass functional & professional development, as well as completion of challenging projects that deliver value across several strategic business initiatives.
Position locations are determined by business needs and may be available at various Johnson & Johnson operating companies located across the U.S. Most roles will be based in the NJ/PA area, including New Brunswick NJ, Raritan NJ, Somerville NJ, Bridgewater NJ, Skillman NJ, Titusville NJ, Fort Washington PA, Horsham PA. Other possibilities may include Jacksonville FL or Tampa, FL.
To be eligible for the full-time PLDP Manager role, you should:
- Be a matriculated student completing his/her MBA or graduate degree between December 2019 and July 2020.
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Have prior full time*, professional work and/or military experience: minimum of 60 months / 5 years or more
- Full time is equivalent to working 40 hours or more weekly, on a continuous basis
- Complete course work in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics (highly preferred)
- Possess excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (both oral and written) within all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities coupled with strong project management and analytical skills
- Requires the ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington, North America-United States-Florida-Tampa, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Back to top