Principal Scientist, Discovery PK Method Development
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Discovery PK Method Development located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen BioTherapeutics supports a wide range of therapeutic areas including Oncology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, and Pulmonary Hypertension. The Discovery PK Method Development group develops bioanalytical assays using various analytical platforms to characterize pre-NME molecules in biological samples to enable lead candidate selection. As a Principal Scientist in the group, the candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the discovery and development of novel biologic drugs as well as cell and gene therapies by providing scientific and technical PK support. The candidate will develop fit-for-purpose bioanalytical methods on various platforms to enable internal project teams with answers to key questions related to mechanism of action, biotransformation, PK/PD, biodistribution, and matrix stability of biotherapeutics.
Key Responsibilities :
- Represent bioanalytical function on discovery and pre-NME JBIO portfolio programs through membership on JBIO and cross-functional project teams.
- Interact with biologics discovery teams to address key questions regarding bioanalytical assays and biodistribution through bioanalytical strategy, experimental design, analysis and interpretation of results, and contributing to strategic discussion to help identify optimal molecular designs/constructs suited for lead candidate selection or to stop the development of evaluated candidates, constructs, or programs.
- Interact closely with Discovery Translational Research group to enable design in vivo study protocols, PK bioanalytical formats, and interpret study results to assess in vivo PK/PD and biodistribution characteristics for biotherapeutic candidates.
- Lead all scientific and technical aspects of discovery PK method development activities to support early discovery and development of assigned projects.
- Accountable for the assimilation, interpretation and presentation of complex data sets at cross functional team meetings as well as JBIO and BDS scientific discussions.
- Coach and guide junior staff on scientific concepts and technical details related to bioanalytical strategy and various analytical methodologies.
- The candidate will share the technical responsibilities of managing all scientific and technical aspects of externalized bioanalytical method development at CROs to support non-GLP studies.
- The candidate must have demonstrated a strong technical track record in implementing bioanalytical method development for the assessment of PK and biodistribution of biotherapeutic molecules.
PhD in Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related degree with a minimum of 5 years' experience in pharmaceutical research and development is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Strong scientific background in pharmacology and bioanalysis of biotherapeutic molecules in complex matrices
- Experience with implementation of various bioanalytical platforms, such as ligand-binding assays, hybrid or imaging LC-MS, to assess tissue biodistribution of biotherapeutic molecules
- Ability to work with biological matrix and tissue specimen
- Must display an ability to independently design and execute method development with deep intellectual curiosity
- Must demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work across teams in a matrix environment
- Ability to work under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy with good documentation and organization skills
- Experience with direct management of staff
- Background experience in CAR-T and gene therapy platforms
- Proven record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top