Janssen Pharmaceutical, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist. The position will be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The primary responsibility for this individual will be to lead a team of in vivo biologists that support the delivery of high quality clinical candidates. The Principal Scientist will be a part of a broader team focused on adaptive immune mechanisms in Immunology Discovery. This individual will provide scientific leadership for in vivo pharmacology within the Rheumatology Discovery teamguiding the preclinical in vivo strategy for the discovery of novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases.
People management including coaching, mentoring and managing people for performance and scientific growth is a key aspect of this position. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to project working teams regarding appropriate models to guide an understanding of pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic relationships, modeling of dose projections for novel therapeutics
- Work independently, manage and mentor scientists doing cutting edge research, design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot and suggest next steps, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Collaboratively work in a matrix environment, present ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and senior leadership
- Drive collaborations, internally and externally, with scientists from different disciplines to drive value
- Work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation
- PhD in Immunology, Pharmacology, or Virology with at least 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with progressively advanced responsibilities is required; Post-doctoral training is preferred. Experience with models of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases is preferred.
- Demonstrated success as an in vivo pharmacologist/scientist, with a proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation on strong scientific rationale and understanding of pharmacological concepts (efficacy, PK/PD relationships).
- Experience with ancillary in vitro and ex vivo assays to characterize effects of experimental medicines (multi-color flow cytometry, T cell/B cell cultures, cytokine/inflammatory mediator assessment (ELISA, MSD, WB etc) is required.
- Previous supervisory experience of PhD level and non-PhD-level scientists is required
- Experience leading/ advancing drug discovery programs in immune-mediated diseases is required, with previous experience in autoimmune diseases strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and leadership, and an ability to provide fit-for-purpose communication in the context of a multidisciplinary team are required.
- Position located in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top