Principal Scientist, Cell Biology - RNA & Targeted Therapeutics
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Cell Biology in RNA & Targeted Therapeutics, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The RNA & Targeted Therapeutics group is a part of Discovery Sciences in Janssen R&D and is engaged in developing cutting edge therapeutics that require intracellular and tissue specific delivery, across the modality spectrum in partnership with Janssen therapeutic area teams. In this position, the Principal Scientist will innovate and implement opportunities to enhance tissue specific delivery of nucleic acid, peptide and small molecule therapeutics. The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying novel targeting ligands, developing bioassays to demonstrate payload delivery, and fully characterizing these technologies.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel therapeutics for unmet medical needs. The Principal Scientist will:
- Identify and lead multiple targeting platforms in cross-functional teams.
- Implement and execute assays aimed at understanding intracellular and tissue specific targeting using PCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, and high content microscopy.
- Design, coordinate and analyze preclinical rodent PK/PD studies
- Have expertise in experimental design, data analysis and documentation
- Maintain oversite of multiple projects simultaneously
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Be capable of simultaneously leading multiple lines of research while meeting company timelines
- Collaborate effectively with both internal and external colleagues across all levels.
- Mentor associate scientists to efficiently troubleshoot technical difficulties
- Prepare and deliver communications and program updates to senior management
- A PhD degree is required, in pharmacology, cell biology, bioengineering, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- 8 or more years of experience post-PhD is required
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industry Research experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and implementing bioassays as related to characterizing targeted delivery systems (e.g. PCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, high content microscopy) is required
- Project leadership experience is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong publication record is required.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Applicant should be organized, self-motivated and capable of in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top