Principal Scientist, CAR-T Characterization Lead - Cell Therapies
- Malvern, PA
Janssen Pharmaceutical, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for aPrincipal Scientist, CAR-T Characterization Lead.Theposition will be located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen Research and Development, LLC develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyle of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders and reproductive medicine.
The Biotherapeutics Development - Analytical Development (BioTD - AD) group is seeking a Principal Scientist who will lead the cellular characterization activities required for our cell therapies (CAR-T, CAR-NK , etc supporting both autologous and allogeneic platforms). The individual would shape the characterization strategies required for in depth process and product understanding.
- Develop characterization strategies and implements plans to understand the cellular biology with respect to growth/expansion of cellular subtypes during process/product development in both autologous and allogenic production processes
- Develop methods to monitor cytokine secretion; cellular surface markers engaged in selection, activation, expansion, death
- Develop methods to understand cellular impurities and impacts of cellular formulations/cryopreservation
- Create approaches for phenotypic or functional characterization of T-cells, NK cells, and iPSC in apheresis, in process samples, and final drug product.
- Engage and/or lead technical investigation strategy in support of product investigations with respect to clinical outcomes or adverse events driving to root cause.
- Lead technical forums both internal and external to the company to share knowledge and approaches related to cellular characterization strategies as they relate to cell-based therapies (CAR-T, CAR-NK, etc).
- Develop innovative approaches to challenging solutions
- Identify partners in academia or industry to execute on innovation ideas or characterization approaches
- Effectively communicate scientific data and results across technical teams, project teams, and to the health authority as needed.
- Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology, virology, biological science, or related discipline with 8 years of experience or a M.S. with 10 years of experience in an academic or industry setting with a focus on cellular characterization/function
- Proven technical tract record in cellular characterization through presentation, publications, or interactions on various forums.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to operate effectively in a dynamic work environment
- Ability work collaboratively in a complex, matrix environment
- Minimum of 2 years working in therapeutic cell therapy research and/or development group
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven ability to execute and get results in a matrix environment
- Understanding of the connections between clinical, process/product development, and biological outcomes
- Experience with the development and registration of cell therapies is a plus.
- Awareness to GMP requirements.
- Ability to make timely decisions and operate effectively in times of ambiguity
- Strong analytical problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to filter information and escalate issues as appropriate
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top