Principal Scientist, Adaptive Immunity
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist in Discovery Immunology, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The primary responsibility for this individual will be to lead a team of biologists that define and prosecute projects that deliver high quality clinical candidates. The Principal Scientist will be a part of a broader team focused on adaptive immune mechanisms in Immunology Discovery. This individual will provide scientific leadership within the Rheumatology Discovery team and interface with internal and external partners to discover novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases. People management including coaching, mentoring and managing people for performance and scientific growth is a key aspect of this position. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work independently, manage and mentor scientists doing cutting edge research, design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot and suggest next steps, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Collaboratively work in a matrix environment, present ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and senior leadership
• Drive collaborations, internally and externally, with scientists from different disciplines to drive value
• Work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation
• PhD in Immunology, Pharmacology, Immuno-Oncology or Virology with at least 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with progressively advanced responsibilities is required; Post-doctoral training is preferred
• Experience leading/ advancing drug discovery programs in immune-mediated diseases is required, with previous experience in autoimmune diseases strongly preferred
• Previous supervisory experience of PhD level and non-PhD-level scientists is required
• Proven drug hunting experience and advancing projects from concept to clinical candidate is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top