Principal Robotics Engineer
- Redwood City, CA
Robotics & Digital Solutions, a part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of companies, is recruiting a Principal Robotics & Controls Engineer, located in Redwood City, California!
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com
The Principal Robotics & Controls Engineer will guide and lead the development of advanced robotic solutions for the Monarch Platform. This individual will act as a mentor for junior engineers to drive forward the clinical performance of the robotic system. This person will require proven engineering problem-solving skills and structured analytical abilities. The candidate shall apply engineering, scientific, and clinical knowledge to lead in design control, new product development, and improvements to existing products. The successful candidate must have a strong technical background and a proven track record in developing and bringing to market highly complex robotic systems.
We are looking for candidates with a strong work ethic who are deeply motivated to impact patient's lives through advanced robotic technology!
- Develop, implement and test robotic algorithms (kinematics, dynamics, controls, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with our Mechanical Engineering, Instruments and Software teams to iterate on the mechanical design and the control solutions to optimize the robotic performance of our flexible instruments
- Conduct cross-functional design reviews
- Guide fellow robotic engineers on the team in the right direction
- MSc in Mechanical, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent is required; A PhD in Robotics is highly desired.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working on robotics or other complex electromechanical systems is required.
- Experience in bringing products to market in a regulated industry such as Medical, Automobile, Aeronautics/DOD is required.
- Vast programming experience in C++, Python and/or MATLAB is required.
- Highly organized and methodological with a scientific approach.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge in soft robotics/compliant mechanism control is preferred.
- Experience with real-time control systems (RTLinux, QNX, xPCTarget, Labview Realtime. etc) is preferred
- Experience mentoring, developing and guiding junior engineers is highly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and international, is required
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-150 Shoreline Dr
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Back to top