PRINCIPAL BIOLOGICAL SAFETY SPECIALIST
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research and Development is recruiting for a Principal Biological Safety Specialist to be based in Spring House, PA or Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the Biological Safety Program serving the Pharmaceutical Sector in the North East United States. The primary sites of responsibility are Spring House, PA, Malvern, PA and Raritan, NJ with periodic support to additional satellite locations. You will ensure the biological safety programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS&S regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson Standards. You will partner with scientific and business leaders to assess and mitigate biological risk and build consistency of expectations in the workplace.
- Developing, implementing, and leading biosafety programs that minimize the risks of occupational exposure and ensure compliance with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as well as a variety of local, state and federal biosafety-related regulations
- Leading federal, state and local permit and registration activities.
- Advising on laboratory practices and establishing procedures to handle employee exposure risks associated with human source materials, viruses, bacteria, and recombinant DNA activities.
- Improving biological safety risk assessment processes and inventory documentation as well as delivering hazard specific training.
- Serving as Chairperson of the multi-site Institutional Biological Safety Committee
- Serving as a member of the J&J Global Biological Safety Council
- Minimum 6 years of EHS experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Preferably in Science, Engineering, or other Technical Field.
- Experience in an FDA regulated/GMP environment preferred. ·
- Experience working with regulatory authorities, NGO's such as NIH, SSB and similar agencies is required.
- Knowledge of ANSI, ASHRAE, NSF, and other consensus regulations/standards is required.
- Classroom instructor skills are required.
- Organizational skills - timely generation of all required reports & record keeping systems.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS&S functions.
- Proven Change Agent
- Results orientated: Has a track record of tangible improvements
- Clear and persuasive communicator, able to influence at all levels in the organization
- Problem solver
PE, CBSP, CIH, or CSP preferred
This role is based at a Janssen R&D site in South Eastern, PA and may require up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top