Postdoctoral Scientist, Oncology Discovery - Spring House, PA
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Post-Doctoral Scientist in Oncology Discovery, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases and pulmonary hypertension.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Post-Doctoral candidate will join a dynamic oncology drug discovery team to study immune cell-mediated mechanisms of antibody-dependent tumor cell killing. The project will involve characterization of antibody interactions with immune cells in the tumor microenvironment through Fc:FcR binding and investigation into how these interactions cause tumor cell death. Areas for exploration may also include cell line screening, RNA sequencing, and CRISPR-based screening to identify immune-regulated mechanisms of resistance to the therapeutic antibody.
The Oncology Discovery Post-Doctoral scientist will:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Oncology Discovery as well as with others in immuno-oncology, functional genomics, and antibody development groups
- Be strongly motivated and dedicated; show initiative and troubleshooting skills; and demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Will design, execute, and interpret studies for testing the anti-tumor efficacy of antibody therapies in the context of in vitro models
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to various projects outside of his/her own
- Keep up-to-date with the literature related to his/her field.
Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication
- Candidate will have a PhD with 0-3 years of experience in cancer biology, immunology, or cancer immunology. Expertise in the tumor microenvironment, including the biology of immune cells is strongly preferred.
- Ability to design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data is required.
- Experience with in vitro models of tumor biology, including tissue culture, is required.
- Experience with cell/molecular biology is required (some examples include; multi-color flow cytometry, cell proliferation and cytotoxicity assays (using Incucyte), capillary protein electrophoresis (Simple Western), siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR technologies, western blotting, capillary protein electrophoresis (Simple Western), immunoprecipitation, qRT-PCR, immunofluorescence, MSD, and ELISA).
- Experience working with primary immune cells, co-culture assays with tumor cells, and immune cell biology assays is preferred (some examples include ADCC, cytokine release, macrophage and NK cell biology, trogocytosis assays, immune cell purification and characterization).
- Experience in designing and interpreting in vivo efficacy models is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top