Post-Doctoral Fellow, Janssen Immunology Discovery: Combination Therapy Approaches for the Treatment of Inflammatory Diseases
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Fellow, Discovery Immunology to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases and pulmonary hypertension.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow with extensive experience in in vivo and in vitro models of inflammation to develop data integrative approaches for the rational selection and evaluation of combination therapies for the treatment of inflammatory diseases.
In this role you will:
- Design, perform and interpret in vitro and in vivo experiments to support the evaluation of combination therapies for the treatment of inflammatory diseases
- Work directly with a Janssen Discovery Immunologist and have the opportunity to be co-mentored by an academic scientist, Dr. Fiona Powrie (University of Oxford). Dr. Powrie is a pioneer in the field of mucosal immunology and her current work is focused on translating findings from pre-clinical animal models to human disease.
- Partner with a postdoctoral fellow in Data Sciences to generate data for iterative development and implementation of novel computational approaches to combination therapy discovery
- Work closely with partners in Discovery, Data Sciences and Translational Science and Medicine to build the scientific rationale for testing combination therapies
- Contribute, as appropriate, to the generation of regulatory documents, abstracts and publications
The ideal candidate should possess:
- PhD in Immunology or related discipline
- Proven experience in in vivo and in vitro models of inflammation in the form of scientific productivity reflected by publication(s)
- Excellent communication, collaboration and relationship building skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment are required
- Experience with in vivo inflammation models (SC/IP/PO dosing and tissue harvest) is required; experience in in vivo and in vitro models of rheumatologic, dermatologic or gastroenterologic diseases is strongly preferred
- Experience in multicolor (10+) flow cytometry is strongly preferred - this includes the ability to design, optimize, and implement panels to characterize cells isolated from disease tissue
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top