Postdoctoral Fellow, DNA-Encoded Library Technology
- La Jolla, CA
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 130,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Janssen, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a talented organic chemist in our laboratories in La Jolla, CA, for the position of Postdoctoral Fellow - DNA-Encoded Library Technology (DELT) . You will identify, develop and apply novel chemical transformations which are compatible with DNA-encoded library (DEL) synthesis to fully leverage the power of DEL in Hit/Lead Discovery. You will collaborate closely with other functional areas in Discovery Chemistry and Lead Discovery, and with external CROs and research institutions to develop next generation DEL technology. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to learn medicinal chemistry and other drug discovery technologies within Janssen.
The Postdoctoral Fellow - DNA-Encoded Library Technology (DELT)will:
- Develop novel DEL compatible transformations through the application of modern catalysis, such as C-H functionalization, photoredox catalysis and biocatalysis
- Demonstrate the application of these novel chemistries in DEL library design and synthesis sequences
- Collaborate closely with Lead Discovery team to expand the DEL screen beyond the affinity-based selection
- Present and/or publish research results at internal/external meetings, and peer-reviewed journals
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in Chemistry in an accredited college/university, or expecting a Ph.D. degree in 2020
- Candidates must be available to work full-time.
- Experience with DNA-encoded library design, reaction development, library synthesis and successful application of DELT in drug discovery is a plus
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and presentations at major national meetings is required
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative and innovative solutions are required
- Experience with lab automation is preferred
- Experience with modern cheminformatics, computational tools and scientific software in chemistry, and the ability to apply data-mining, data visualization and other techniques to complex datasets is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-California-La Jolla-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top