MEXICO PAYROLL LEAD
Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers
The Global Job Posting policy promotes the dedication to the advancement and development of our employees. We invite you to read this posting and apply if you are passionate about the position and meet the requirements.
Payroll Lead Mexico
Is responsible for the management of the Payroll Operations for Mexico and the Payroll Country Team in processing a full in house country payroll and the Kronos Time and Attendance system and submission of Time files. Will ensure all payrolls delivered are timely, accurate and aligned with Company policies and regulatory requirements. Develop and implement standard methodologies in close collaboration with peers and other functions. Leverage resources and experience cross-country where possible. Implements payroll strategies and maintains processes to support the preparation of payroll processing including the simulation of payroll, audit reports, validations and running of payroll.
You will be responsible of:
Payroll processing/controls - leading a payroll team to deliver the following:
• Processing of Country payrolls for all Johnson & Johnson employees using the Country specific TPV payroll software ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all payroll cycles.
• Providing guidance and support for processing of Payroll Master Data in accordance with operational procedures and payroll policies. Collaboration with HR Services and other functions to ensure all data is accurate and within payroll deadlines for processing.
• Developing and implementing procedures to support the management of mass uploads files and reconciliations, manual activities within the payroll application including controls and reconciliations where appropriate.
• Managing of Interface processing controls and timely handling of Interface and processing errors.
• Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all payroll cycles including the monitoring of processing jobs and disbursements to bank and GL postings.
• Supporting and coordinating system enhancements testing and user acceptance test scripts.
• Handling the approval and processing of off cycle payments.
• Leading Global Mobility modified payroll in partnership with Deloittes.
• Developing internal and external communications for specific payroll processes.
• Collaborating with HR, IT and Finance to improve E2E processes.
Compliance and Critical Thinking:
• Responsible for maintaining all compliance requirements for assigned Payroll processes.
• Responsible for ensuring Payroll is processed according to regulatory and legal requirements
• Support the development and execution of the SOX Program (404)
• Support internal audits, external audits (PwC), Pension audits and government audits.
• Maintain and enhance Payroll Service Center teams performance to improve effectiveness and efficiency and support strategic direction.
• Develops, coaches and mentors a high performance motivated team.
• Sets annual goals and develop effective career and development paths.
• Supports continuous learning design and implement customer service improvement initiatives.
• Effectively manage employee performance using established company tools/methodology. Provide input into recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions. Assure that company policies and practices are followed, and set an example for team members.
• Recruit and hire staff as appropriate.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reporting to: Payroll Director LATAM
Requirements and Education:
• Accounting, Business, Finance or related business field Bachelor Degree.
• MBA desired.
• Experienced with Mexico Payroll & labor legislations.
• 10 to 14 years of related experience.
Knowledge and Skill Sets:
• Previous experience in Payroll operations, accounting, or service center role.
• Strong social skills and the ability to interact skillfully with internal partners and colleagues to develop ideas, find opportunities, and influence outcomes.
• An effective teammate, with developed communication and negotiation skills to focus on building and maintaining positive relationships with the Payroll process partners
• A clear, fast thinker, problem solver, able to translate business needs into pragmatic solutions and implement them
• Able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment and be open to change and the challenges that arise in a dynamic environment
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors.
• A sense of urgency in solving customer inquiries and requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Experience in developing/improving Payroll processes to maximize efficiency & deliver quality services
• Strong ability to lead, manage, mentor, and delegate as appropriate by disseminating knowledge and techniques.
• Experience with Payroll applications required.
• Ability to influence others, identify problems and recommend course of actions.
• Excellent computer skills including Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work efficiently and productively, independently or with minimal supervision.
• Biosense Webster Plant
Global Leadership Profile Competencies
Integrity and Credo-based Actions ~ lives Credo values; builds trust; tells the truth; initiates clarity into problems; demonstrates genuine interest for people
Collaboration and Teaming ~ puts interests of enterprise above own; works well across functions and groups; forms teams effectively; inspires follower ship; instills a global mindset
Results and Performance Driven ~ assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions; willing to make tough calls; consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations; demonstrates a track record of people development; champions diversity; net exporter of successful talent.
Sense of Urgency ~ actively senses and responds to problems and opportunities; works to reduce "cycle" time; takes action when needed
North America-United States-Texas-El Paso, Latin America-Mexico-Distrito Federal-Mexico City
E.E.S., S.A. de C.V. Mexico (8283)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top