Medical Science Liaison - Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension - Carolinas/TN
- Shelbyville, TN
Actelion, a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison - Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, to support the Carolinas and Tennessee territory.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies, we are working to build a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II-IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is the field based medical representative of Actelion. The primary role of the MSL is to support the educational, research, information dissemination, and scientific intelligence activities of Actelion. The MSLs are clinical and scientific experts with advanced degrees and training, who provide in-depth knowledge and scientific expertise to healthcare professionals (HCPs) regarding Actelion's commercial products, therapeutic areas, and development pipeline.
- Build strong relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the therapeutic area of interest and be committed to continuous scientific exchange with KOLs as appropriate in the field and during medical congresses.
- Providing proficient and reliable scientific data to HCPs about disease state education and Actelion products
- Interacting with healthcare providers who are interested in participating in Actelion-sponsored clinical trials
- Partnering with Clinical Research to identify appropriate sites for Actelion sponsored clinical trials, performing high-level feasibility assessments and communicating appropriate information back to corporate office.
- Facilitating clear communication between Actelion and investigators involved in investigator-initiated studies (IISs) funded by Actelion.
- Communicating insights obtained from interactions with KOLs and HCPs or from scientific meetings to appropriate Actelion employees.
- Developing of training materials for employees on Actelion products and products in development, associated therapeutic areas, and medical developments pertaining to company products and/or disease state issues.
- Training of Actelion speakers on Actelion products from approved speaker decks.
- Demonstrating business acumen via alignment of field based activities to medical strategy.
- Driving for results via successful execution of field based MSL goals and overcome barriers to success.
- Fostering accountability via documentation MSL team field based activity and provision of special project updates
- Effectively collaborating with cross functional partners within the territory to provide timely and focused field medical support
- Conducting discussions and interactions with MSL and cross functional colleagues in a constructive fashion to ensure a balanced team dynamic and a positive and enthusiastic work environment
- A RN/NP/PA, PhD, PharmD or MD is required.
- Ability to travel within and outside of the US as needed is required
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information is preferred.
- Strong business insight and proven performance in team environments is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in clinical, commercial and regulatory issues affecting the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Prior MSL experience and pulmonary and/or cardiovascular knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Experience in clinical trial design, logistics, and evaluation is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as outstanding organization skills is preferred.
- This role is remote, eligible for a company car and will require a Motor Vehicle Check.
- This role will require up to 75% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-North Carolina--
North America-United States-South Carolina, North America-United States-Tennessee
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)
Back to top