Medical Director, Oncology- Solid Tumor Targeted Therapies, U.S. Medical Affairs
- Horsham, PA
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Director, Oncology- Solid Tumor Targeted Therapies, U.S. Medical Affairs to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Medical Director, Oncology- Solid Tumor Targeted Therapies, U.S. Medical Affairs will lead the development and conduct of a variety of Medical Affairs initiatives. These responsibilities include:
- Medical oversight of at least 1 study or project reporting either into the Senior Medical Director, Medical Affairs (SrMD) or the Head Medical Affairs,TA (HMA, TA).
- Develop or contribute to the development of the medical strategy for assigned study or project with a goal to address medical and scientific issues and to ensure the appropriate use of relevant Janssen Medical Affairs supported products. The medical strategy will be aligned with MA leadership and integrated evidence team leads (IETLs).
- This role will have some autonomy and will work with MA leadership to devise strategies addressing crucial gaps via critical relationships across Medical Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, R&D, V&E, Commercial and others. He/she will effectively partner with Alliance partner (if applicable) on those activities.
- Provides medical monitoring and medical oversight for company-sponsored Medical Affairs-led interventional and observational clinical trials.
- Implement IIS strategy and will contribute to the assessment and supervision of Investigator Initiated Studies conduct (as appropriate).
- Contribute to the medical support in the development of compliant promotional materials and the training of product representatives; supports Commercial functions appropriately.
- Participates and contributes to Advisory Board execution and maintains relationships with external investigators and opinion leaders.
- Supports development of scholarly publications arising from Janssen Medical Affairs studies, product monographs and responses to product inquiries.
- Minimally a PharmD or PhD is required. MD strongly preferred.
- Board certification in Medical Oncology or relevant work experience in Medical Oncology is desired.
- Experience in solid tumor, preferably bladder or lung is desired.
- A minimum of five years of clinical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent sub specialty training is strongly preferred.
- Experience in clinical trial design and conduct (Phases II, III or IV), including interventional oncology clinical trials, is preferred.
- This position requires up to 25% annual travel (primarily domestic with some international travel).
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Back to top