Market Development Manager, Infectious Diseases (Carolinas - NC, SC, VA, WV, TN, KY) - Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Infectious Diseases Market Development Manager, Infectious Diseases for the Carolinas geography, which includes: North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, W. Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucky . This position will report to the Senior Field Manager, Infectious Diseases Market Development and is part of the Payer Marketing organization.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Ja nssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are fostering an environment of performance excellence, built on trust, respect and accountability. Through an emphasis on strong leadership and people development, we will accelerate our market position and outperform the competition.
The ID Market Development Manager will:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Janssen Therapeutics products' clinical efficacy and the market.
- Articulate a value proposition for the customer; build excellent customer relations with key customers and accounts, as well as conduct in-services.
- Strategically develop & implement pull through plans that enable and influence demand in specified geographical area to implement against priorities within the HIV business plan including:
- Develop understanding of payer level of control and willingness to control based on past behavior
- Defend and improve patient access to our existing and future HIV portfolio in AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAPs), Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial accounts.
- Partner with Advocacy and Access Influencers to retain broad access to our existing and future HIV portfolio; monitor policy discussions and activate internal colleagues and external collaborators when needed
- Enable and influence utilization of our existing and future HIV portfolio in prioritized Systems of Care
- Identify, evaluate and pilot new and innovative customer-centric solutions that are responsive to market evolution
- Successfully develop and implement a regionally focused Market Development business plan with targeted objectives to enable and influence demand
- Ensure alignment to key business strategies, provide feedback and key insights necessary to adapt and improve current national strategies and HIV marketing initiatives
- Build relationships with key Regional level thought leaders and influence customers at the C&D suite level to support ID Brand Strategic Imperatives
- Apply a range of large account management, consultative skills, and clinical expertise to build support for our portfolio of products and enhance our status with customers
- Stay up-to-date on the latest access and reimbursement issues and market trends to shape future opportunities and develop emerging stakeholder relationships
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners, including but not limited to, Brand, Field Sales, Strategic Customer Group, and Medical Affairs, as appropriate to address market needs, maximize efforts, and achieve business goals
- Where appropriate & compliant, set financial objectives for contracts, model options, and present business case (internally) for proposed offer, negotiate and finalize contract terms
- Oversee coordination of field resources across specified customers and accounts and ensure effective pull through activities are conducted by demand generation team
- All responsibilities of the Market Development Manager are carried out with strict adherence to the J&J Credo and HCC guidelines.
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree.
- A valid driver's license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States.
- Must reside within the stated geography or must be willing to relocate to stated geography
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional Pharmaceutical sales experience, including Specialty and/or Institutional sales, a minimum of five (5) years of Business to Business Account Management experience, or a minimum of five (5) years Pharmaceutical multi-disciplinary business experience.
- The ability to travel, which may include overnight / weekend travel, up to 70% of the time, in support of the business.
- Candidates must satisfy reasonable credentialing requirements, including, but not limited to TB tests, Hepatitis B vaccine, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Varicella (chicken pox).
- Previous HIV or specialty therapeutic area experience.
- Fluency in managed markets; a working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and ADAP systems.
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. Healthcare industry and climate, including an understanding of key stakeholders and delivery of care models.
- Experience in developing and implementing business plans, including identification, evaluation, and impact of opportunities.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
North America-United States-South Carolina, North America-United States-Virginia, North America-United States-Tennessee
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)
Back to top