Manager, US Payer Insights
LifeScan, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, US Payer Insights located in Wayne (Chesterbrook), PA.
LifeScan is the leading manufacturer of blood glucose monitoring systems in the U.S. The company's mission is to create a world without limits for people with diabetes. More than 5 million people depend on the company's OneTouch® Brand Products for simple testing and accurate results to help them manage their diabetes. In addition, OneTouch® products are recommended by more Healthcare Professionals than any other brand. Consisting of a portable electronic meter and disposable reagent test strips, our systems provide results in just 5 seconds and include tools to help transform results into actionable health care decisions. To learn more visit www.OneTouch.com.
The Manager, US Payer Insights will lead the organization in generating insights that will drive greater business understanding and actionable information to drive future strategies and competitive advantage.
The primary focus areas for this role are analyzing LifeScan's Payer channel results, developing accurate forecasts, and partnering with Payer account managers and members of the leadership team to develop strategies and plans for specific accounts and the overall channel. This includes analysis of monthly/quarterly volumes, market shares, rebate submissions, and marketplace changes at the account and overall channel level, bottoms-up forecasting of volumes, market share, and average selling prices at the account and overall channel level, and linking third party payer utilization volume to retail/wholesale shipment volumes. This position is also responsible for partnering with Finance on analysis of appropriateness of Managed Care performance rebate reserves.
• Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders to help shape, lead and deliver new strategies while proactively driving continuous improvement in analysis and forecasting processes, tools, and methodologies.
• Directly support the Senior Director of Payer Development and the Payer team, and play a key role supporting the US Business Unit Director in development of Business Plans that drive profitable sales.
• Analyze monthly/quarterly/YTD Payer metrics (volume/market share/sales) and develop near-term and long-term forecasts to support key financial processes such as Long Range Financial Plan, Business Plan, Forecast Updates, Quarterly Close, strategic planning, as well as account/channel performance reviews.
• Partner with Payer account managers and leadership team to analyze individual account trends and develop rationale for changes/variances to forecasted metrics with a thorough explanation of the drivers.
• Build strong partnerships with key business owners including Finance, other Analytics Team Members, Channel (to support streamlined forecasting from Payer to Retail accounts), Payer Directors and Account Management Team members.
• Develop and grow relationships with External Payer customers, including in-person meetings to discuss opportunities to improve processes and metrics.
• Build presentations using business judgment and reasoning to communicate information to senior management and other teams as part of Strategic Planning, Business Planning, Forecast Updates and Monthly/Quarterly reviews.
• Work with Account Management team and partner departments to analyze and identify various business trends and issues that may result in the need for a more detailed approach and special project.
• Maintain Payer category data (Symphony Health, Payer supplied utilization, etc.) and ensure reporting packages are relevant and streamlined.
• Minimum of a BA/BS degree is required
• MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
• Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant business experience required.
• Minimum of three (3) years commercial analytics or finance experience is required
• Knowledge of the North America health care environment via pharmaceutical, medical device, payer and/or provider industry is preferred
• Proficiency with MS-Excel (VLooks, Pivot tables, Macros, etc) required
• Experience with Tableau strongly preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, to various management levels is required
• Demonstrated ability to partner and lead teams in a cross functional environment is required
• This position is primarily based in Wayne (Chesterbrook), PA and may require up 5% domestic travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Wayne
Lifescan Inc. (6097)
Back to top