Manager, Sales Learning and Development - Janssen Biotech, Inc.
The Manager is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of POA meetings, workshops, and launches. This includes updating, maintaining, and delivering new hire curricula, as well as addressing the ongoing learning and development needs of the entire sales force based on sales direction. The Manager is also responsible for developing and executing learning solutions. Additionally, the Manager conducts an ongoing environmental scan of potential learning gaps throughout the field. Accordingly, the Manager collaborates with peers, Sales Leadership, brand, Regulatory, HCC, and other stakeholders to design and deploy targeted programs that meet all learning needs and enhance on-the-job effectiveness. The Manager serves as a conduit between Marketing and Sales by translating and communicating brand strategies to Sales personnel through multiple training mediums, while adhering to all appropriate Guidelines (e.g., HCC, Regulatory, etc.).
Content Development and Facilitation:
- Applies innovative approaches to design, update, and improve learning content that enhances the learning experience and on-the-job application.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and continually develops and applies knowledge of adult learning principles and facilitation skills to best meet learners' needs.
- Develops learning content for meetings (e.g., New Hire, POA, manager) to support strategic initiatives and improve competencies.
- Prepares and/or leads learning sessions to increase the sales force's understanding of clinical, product, marketplace, and access knowledge as well as healthcare ecosystem and competitor trends.
- Designs and delivers impactful learning programs that leverage appropriate and innovative technology, learning techniques, and different modalities to enhance individuals' knowledge and performance.
- Adopts emerging technology to increase effectiveness of delivery and maximize resources.
- Provides actionable feedback during and following SL&D sessions to improve individuals' proficiency levels.
- Follows up to ensure field sales force learning sustainability according to business needs.
- Ensures all content and materials fully comply with HCC and Company guidelines and is approved through all appropriate channels.
- Ensures compliance with HCC and Company guidelines when facilitating content.
Project Management & Collaboration:
- Manages competing priorities and adapts to changes in project timelines, urgency, or compliance constraints.
- Develops and implements short- and long-term project plans and meets objectives, milestones, and deliverables for multiple projects.
- Identifies and manages the necessary resources for projects.
- Facilitates progress towards goals to enhance the development, delivery, and effectiveness of learning programs.
- Leverages knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and operational procedures to effectively meet business and learning goals.
- Leads partnerships across the business unit to drive communication and identify mutually-beneficial needs.
- Builds relationships throughout multiple stakeholder channels to gain support for preferred approaches and strategies.
- Partners with vendors to manage the development of new learning content. Manages RFP process, evaluates progress, and ensures measurable return for project outputs.
- Collaborates efforts with peers to ensure consistency, leverage resources, and share best practices.
Clinical & Marketplace Expertise:
- Remains current on and anticipates changes in product knowledge, marketplace conditions, and stakeholder practices to deliver the most effective delivery of materials.
- Understands and adapts to the changing healthcare ecosystem and adjusts learning solutions accordingly.
- Develops clinical fluency in all assigned disease states to equip learners to engage stakeholders in meaningful, results-driven conversations.
- Demonstrates selling skills to understand and meet the customer's needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's preferred
- 3+ years experience in Professional Pharmaceutical or Biotech Sales
- Experience in a buy and bill environment is preferred
- Field learning advisor experience is preferred
- Management Development Program enrollment is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to navigate iPad and to learn other internal software programs as necessary
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)
Back to top