Manager, Product Experience Design Lead
- New Brunswick, NJ
Johnson & Johnson Technology is currently recruiting for a Manager, Product Experience Design Lead. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ, but flexible work arrangements may be made for the right candidate.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This person will be the Product Experience Design Lead for a functional domain within Corporate Business Technology (CBT). In this capacity, the role is expected to drive, both individually and through engagement with delivery partners, process leadership in human-centered design across multiple digitization workstreams. They should be T-shaped in their breadth of experience & depth of expertise in the practice of user experience and product design methods. As a player/coach, this individual will be expected to both directly contribute as well as lead product design resources through user research and solution ideation activities to mold ideas into opportunities for experimentation, define the overall experience vision and strategy, and produce design artifacts like wireframes, creative concepts, and clickable prototypes for business alignment.
The optimal match has experience in digital enterprise application products or software as a service, with strong blue sky/ideation skills, robust holistic systems thinking, deep attention to detail, and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for customers. They should also have experience in framing design engagements with business and technology partners and managing design teams through the user-centered product design life-cycle.
They will have responsibility for understanding industry trends, UX and user-centered design (UCD) standard methodologies, customer demands, and driving a culture of experimentation on high-value opportunities. They will lead the shaping of ideas, service design, information design and customer insights. They will possess excellent presentation and storytelling skills, sharing work with teammates and partners in a way that instills confidence and focus. They will actively participate and engage functional leaders and will contribute to developing J&J Technology Experience Design as a competitive advantage and enabler of digitization for the corporate functions and domains. This individual should be naturally curious, have a passion for technology, be a creative problem solver, be comfortable with ambiguity, and embrace an agile culture.
- Lead, define and be responsible for the overall UX strategy and experience design for a CBT domain
- Partner with technology and business colleagues to provide leadership around UX standard methodologies and the creation of intuitive web and mobile applications and services that form the primary touch point with our employees and customers
- Bring experience of both product, strategy and process visualization
- Maintain deep industry knowledge in emerging technologies and enterprise capabilities
- Elegantly craft user-centric designs by considering customer feedback, and usability findings
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing prototypes
- Conduct usability studies and put together detailed, structured analysis of issues and potential solutions
- Design the UI architecture, layout, and interaction flow of web applications
- Present design work to the Corporate BT team, product team, and senior leadership for review and feedback
- Develop process flows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Partner with domain business technology leaders and business partners to align problem statements with emerging technology opportunities
- Drive design thinking and influence business strategy with key partners
- Continually scan the industry for partnership opportunities and proactively pitch new ideas to the business
- Partner with J&J Technology Services and Product Line organizations to scale experiments to the enterprise
- Conduct return on investment and other financial analysis to support project funding/prioritization
- Manage senior business partner relationships via regular face-to-face discussions and leadership meetings
- Help business partners clarify, develop, and plan for their current and future technology needs
- Support the definition of requirements, and how to best address them, considering the goals of the organization. Also, develop alternatives and provide recommendations for business case.
- Conceive of and support the design of projects that may require integration across multiple technical platforms
- Responsible for ensuring compliance requirements are met (e.g. Privacy, Security, Internet Compliance, etc.).
- Be flexible and adaptable to change!
BA/BS required; MA/MS preferred
- At least five (5) years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
- A BA/BS degree is required, preferably in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), engineering, or related area
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Knowledge of standard methodologies for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as user experience principles and techniques
- Experience crafting prototypes or wire-frames for web applications
- Familiarity with user interaction and design patterns for web
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring design teams
- Experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience with UX design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users
- Strong time management skills and the capability to be proactive when needed
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus
- Analytical and creative problem solver with a deep understanding of consumer and enterprise digital trends
- Highly collaborative, with solid experience creating strong cross-functional working relationships, building consensus, and driving to decisions across all levels of management
- High capacity for learning quickly, attention to detail, and managing simultaneous projects successfully
- Experience with Agile product development
- Experience working with senior leaders, interacting across multiple levels of organization & working with virtual teams
- Min of 2 years managing a team and/or vendors
- Experience with data visualization is preferred
- Experience Design Certification (e.g. HFI CUA)
- 10% domestic and international travel is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Back to top